Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 101
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 196017 times and has 100 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: who would like to live in a houseboat?

This is all fabulous! :)
Nice renderings!

Adele
[Mar 7, 2019, 4:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I really like this idea and the detail in it, love that last image.
Very nice.
Mike
[Mar 7, 2019, 6:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Very nice indeed!
This thread is really developing, and constantly getting more and more interesting to follow.
Keep it up!

Xiste
[Mar 7, 2019, 10:31:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Thank you guys! I have another boat in stock, which I will introduce to you, and another, completely different boat is currently under development.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 7, 2019, 11:03:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Easter is just around the corner and it gets really warm - just the right time to wake up the houseboat from hibernation!
Unfortunately I still do not have my own housebbot, but I have two new pictures of my fleet. And as you can see it has grown again:

Of course I will introduce you to the new boats in more detail.
Pascal

[Apr 17, 2019, 8:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Fantastic.

Perhaps I am wrong but I think we are changing as a society - we used to develop a design for something that was sometimes not so great to look at and even if it was good to look at we tended to stick with it for ages and never really question it as long as it functioned. I guess the aristocracy have always had design but ordinary people have only really known it for little over a hundred years.

All of a sudden we are all taking more and more interest in design and no longer accepting the standard norm and people are expressing themselves, creating beauty and getting involved instead of leaving it all to technocrats.

I think there are a lot of people out there who really take pleasure in this kind of creative and aesthetic attention to design and detail.

Wonderful !!! I really enjoyed looking at your designs I like The NonoAt best.

I am intrigued by how you used software that is generally used to design things with flat hulls ( houses ) to design things that have rounded hulls. I will look through the thread in time but its a long one.
[Apr 17, 2019, 9:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Fantastic.

Perhaps I am wrong but I think we are changing as a society - we used to develop a design for something that was sometimes not so great to look at and even if it was good to look at we tended to stick with it for ages and never really question it as long as it functioned. I guess the aristocracy have always had design but ordinary people have only really known it for little over a hundred years.

All of a sudden we are all taking more and more interest in design and no longer accepting the standard norm and people are expressing themselves, creating beauty and getting involved instead of leaving it all to technocrats.

I think there are a lot of people out there who really take pleasure in this kind of creative and aesthetic attention to design and detail

AMEN! From the bottom of my heart, you're so absolute right! And it's a privilege to live in a time where we are able to life our creativity AND we can share it with the whole world! All thanks to developers like Emmanuel who shares their awesome works for free!

Wonderful !!! I really enjoyed looking at your designs I like The NonoAt best.

I am intrigued by how you used software that is generally used to design things with flat hulls ( houses ) to design things that have rounded hulls. I will look through the thread in time but its a long one.

Thanks man! To be honest, all of this hulls and many of the superstructures are designed with FreeCAD. But to make a simple boat shell to be a houseboat, that's why I love SH3D!
Pascal

[Apr 18, 2019, 7:29:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

That seems like a sensible division, CAD for the hull and Sweethome to deliver the house elements.

As I said before its a long thread so there is always a risk of saying what has been said before but I wondered if you have considered using the Advanced Video plugin and making some flyby videos of your boats?
[Apr 19, 2019, 11:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I have actually made a few attempts to generate flyby videos, but I've never been happy with the results so far. That's why I prefer to make the SH3D files available online with the 3D viewer: my fleet (RVBoat not online yet)
Pascal

[Apr 19, 2019, 12:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

So, short info, so that you can understand my no longer so active participation here: After almost a two years sabbatical I started this week in my new job. That means that I do not have as much time left for my creations, and that means there will be some longer breaks between the introductions of the new boats.

And therefore from now on I will unlock all the boats on my online-fleet, so you can get a taste there.

Online-Fleet
Pascal

[Apr 19, 2019, 11:09:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved