Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5218 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Preteen twins bedroom

Hi everyone,

I tried to realize a small bedroom for twins; the main objective was to try to play with the external lights.
In order to do this I added two white light sources outside the windows but I do not like very much the result (you can see the images down in the post).

The lights are set to dimension 20x20x20, elevation 230cm and power light 80%. Does anyone have suggestions in order to improve the results and to obtain more natural lights?
Maybe I should put the light sources higher to have a better shadow coming from the windows... but I am not sure it is only an issue about the position of the light sources.

Thank you all

Twin brothers room

Twin sisters room

[Jul 19, 2018, 6:53:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Re: Preteen twins bedroom

Have you tried modifying the compass to make the window facing east or west and adjust the time of the day in the photo rendering tab? If you make the window face the west, then you can try setting the time to around 16:00 to 18:00.
[Jul 21, 2018, 3:48:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Preteen twins bedroom

Hi rontant,

thank you very much for your suggestions!
Here is the result I obtained following your advice:

Now the shadows are pretty much as I desired, thanks again.
[Jul 21, 2018, 7:11:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved