Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13749 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Roofs

In my opinion, a nice feature that Sweethome3D could provide is the possibility of creating a roof.
An option similar to creating a floor or wall but that creates a roof based on the size you choose, as usual.

In this way the current creation of the roof, which requires particular time, would be simpler, like everything that can currently be done with SH3D.

Thank you for the great work!
[Jul 23, 2018, 6:18:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Roofs

Can someone say me if it is so difficult to implement this feature into sh3d? I would like to try to realize it someway.

:)
[Aug 11, 2018, 2:48:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

You already did well in your little house! But if you want to see more roofs, have a look in this blog article : Okh especially did a nice library?
[Aug 11, 2018, 5:52:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..difficult to implement this feature into sh3d?
I agree it would be nice to get a roof automatically. At least if it were exactly the kind of roof I wanted. I would not know about the programming bit, but I have come across house planning programs where the roofs would not work properly for anything but very simple projects. And even then, the overhang and the joints became strange. So, at the end of the day, I kind of prefer SH3D where you can fit a model roof...

Actually, just like you made nice roofs on your Mini Cottage already. smile
[Aug 11, 2018, 6:54:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

You already did well in your little house! But if you want to see more roofs, have a look in this blog article : Okh especially did a nice library?

Hi,

thank you very much for the link about the roofs!!!
[Aug 14, 2018, 10:26:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Actually, just like you made nice roofs on your Mini Cottage already. smile

Thank you okh, I think you are right, using roof objects is better to create different kind of roofs. Thank you for the library about roofs :).
[Aug 14, 2018, 10:27:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Okh I want to ask you how did you realize this roof on the right of the picture, I need to do exactly this kind of roof.

[Aug 14, 2018, 1:16:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

5 minutes CAD: pyramid roof
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 14, 2018, 1:44:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

As UbuntyBirdy says, and as with most roofs, the model is quite simple to make with AoI, Blender, Sketchup or FreeCad. If you know how.

The one in the image, is made from identical roof module triangles), fit together and grouped. While that is a flexible and generic approach to enable many kinds of roofs with few models, it is a bit cumbersome. So, I think there are also some pyramid models posted in SourceForge (roofs).

For a pyramid roof, I would probably do like UbuntyBirdy, but for my own use I would probably also add a ceiling, sides and texturemap the roof (vt) so a texture (rooftiles) you add later will look the same on all sides, e.g. an .obj file looking something like this. Copy the text and save as pyramidroof.obj and import to SH3D (.mtl not needed for std colours: Java3DCubeColorsWithTransparency).

# pyramid roof with ceiling and texture co-ords
g ceiling
usemtl archwhite
v 20 0 980
v 500 500 500
v 980 0 980
v 20 0 20
v 980 0 20
f 1 2 3
f 1 4 2
f 5 3 2
f 5 2 4
g side
usemtl flwhite
v 1000 40 0
v 1000 40 1000
v 0 40 0
v 0 40 1000
f 3 5 6
f 3 6 7
f 4 8 6
f 4 6 5
f 3 7 9
f 3 9 1
f 9 8 4
f 9 4 1
g roof
usemtl redbrick
v 500 540 500
vt -11 0 0
vt 0 0 0
vt -6 8 0
vt 6 8 0
vt 11 0 0
vt -6 0 0
vt -11 -8 0
vt 0 -8 0
vt 11 -8 0
vt 6 0 0
f 8/1 9/2 10/3
f 10/4 9/2 7/5
f 10/6 6/7 8/8
f 7/8 6/9 10/10

[Aug 15, 2018, 10:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe see if you could help youseeus on the roof plug-in he started to program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 6, 2018, 11:48:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved