Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2425 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bump mapping

I have been doing some experiments with texturing (when my surroundings have allowed it), and I have found that Sunflow can do a lot with texturing that I was not aware of.
Among the features listed for Sunflow we can find Bump/normal mapping via surface modifiers. I have studied the Wavefront mtl-bible and tried my best to get this to work, but I must admit that my skills are not nearly what I imagined. So I give up and ask for help:
Does anyone know how to implement bump/normal-mapping for Sunflow?
It really makes a difference.

The obj file and the bump map can be downloaded here

Cec
[Jul 25, 2018, 1:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Bump mapping

Hi Ceciliabr,

Sunflow standalone allows the use of bump/normal mapping via modifiers. (example bump_demo.sc)

The .obj format also allows the use of bump mapping by adding the 'map_bump' or 'bump' keyword followed by the texture path in the .mtl file.

Unfortunately, Sweet Home 3D only takes into account the 'map_Kd' keyword in the export/import OBJ.

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Dec 12, 2018, 3:21:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nemetonia

Hello,

I think that this was used by bdfd for Mars since january 2017 ???

See here :

wink
[Dec 12, 2018, 6:42:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

nemetonia, as Sweet Home 3D doesn't support bump mapping, this can't be the case and must be a visual effect.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 12, 2018, 5:48:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nemetonia

biggrin Re: Bump mapping

nemetonia, as Sweet Home 3D doesn't support bump mapping, this can't be the case and must be a visual effect.
So I said 'used by' and not 'created with'... biggrin
[Dec 13, 2018, 6:45:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Any chance it might be included in a future version?
[Dec 13, 2018, 6:51:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved