Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6410 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
denmyos

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
make realistic grass

I'm looking for a way to make realistic looking grass.
Not just a photo, copying it self.
I have tried different settings in "modify 3D view" but the all seem to just copying them self in one way or another.

In tips and trick any one can give me. :)

PS. I included a image of a house a made,, but for some reason its not showing in this post.?
[Aug 3, 2018, 9:04:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
denmyos

Re: make realistic grass

*in = any

Also i have tried a 1920x1080 picture of grass but its still don't give me the realistic look I want.
[Aug 3, 2018, 9:12:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Perhaps you can find some grass here.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 3, 2018, 9:41:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
denmyos

Yes I'm testing it as we speak.
But I'm "importing furniture" and to make the lawn big enough you have to import the grass piece 500 times.

But maybe I'm doing it wrong?
[Aug 3, 2018, 9:59:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Well... it is better to use "importing texture"...
[Aug 3, 2018, 10:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
denmyos

a texture will copy it self if you have a large area to cover.
Thats what i want to avoid.? :)
[Aug 3, 2018, 10:50:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Well... it is better to use "importing texture"...

In my opinion, 3d models (.obj) can not be imported as texture. But maybe I do not know the appropriate workaround?
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 3, 2018, 10:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lecherman

Denmark

If there is a way to import .obj files i would like to know that workaround. I am trying to create furniture for a farm and need to build a cornfield in the background with the lawn in front. So far only been successful with textures however would like to have single straws for the lawn and field.
Crazy boy loving IT, Fashion and Kosmetolog Beauty
[Aug 15, 2018, 10:53:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

And what about using a picture like in this tip ?
[Aug 16, 2018, 6:57:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Use 3d grass models sparingly. Just for the shots where you need them. Put them closer to intersections with other models or your building to give the best but fastest effect.
[Aug 17, 2018, 3:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved