Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 36
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45587 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Mini Cottage

I see you really like tight space. I see a tiny kitchen with a dining table barely big enough for two people but why even try to squeeze in four bedrooms into this mini cottage? Is the studio on the first floor really necessary considering how tight the space is? Why not just use one of those bed room upstairs as a studio and tear down the studio on the first floor so that you have more open space ?
[Aug 22, 2018, 5:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Nice renderings. applause

You could choose an another stairs to keep space under stairs to put separate toilets. wink

Nice day.
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 22, 2018, 5:48:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I think this is a very cute little house. However... there seems to be a problem with the scale of the furniture. If you look at the beds in the bedrooms, they seem to be only about 150-160 cms long, instead of the more usual 200-210 cms. That makes the house appear much more spacious than it in reality is.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 22, 2018, 8:59:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I see you really like tight space. I see a tiny kitchen with a dining table barely big enough for two people but why even try to squeeze in four bedrooms into this mini cottage? Is the studio on the first floor really necessary considering how tight the space is? Why not just use one of those bed room upstairs as a studio and tear down the studio on the first floor so that you have more open space ?

4 bedrooms, one for the parents, and 3 for the children. Because I love children! :)

The table is for 2 people, but you can imagine an extension table (there are many in reality); there is also a garden table with a sofa and an armchair outside (in the small veranda near the kitchen) so also that one can be used.

Usually I can go in a cottage for holidays, and so in general there is no problem to eat separately, or in an alternating manner :D. During holidays everything is permitted :D.

I prefer to have the studio on the first floor, if I should modify the design now, it will be so tedious. But I will try to follow your suggestion as soon as I can find time to dedicate to the project, thank you.

The open space is not very spacious, but in the mountains there is no need to have a lot of space imho :D. Because I would like to spend my time outside to admire the landscape, and to use the little home only to sleep/eat or to work on a pc. You can imagine also a bbq area outside, with camping wood tables, and so the kitchen is not required to be so big imho. But it is a design made by me for me, so in case I should do a similar design to someone esle, certainly I will adapt the project to his/her ideas and tastes.

But yes, I think that in reality the plan should be a little bigger than this, I did not do the measures in a proper way, but it can be adjusted, later XD.

Thank you for the suggestions :)
[Aug 22, 2018, 10:25:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi,

Nice renderings. applause

You could choose an another stairs to keep space under stairs to put separate toilets. wink

Nice day.

Hi thank you, you are right. This kind of stairs is exactly how I wanted it to be, but in reality, I think that I decide to use something suitable to permit to use the space under the stairs as you suggested :).
[Aug 22, 2018, 10:27:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I think this is a very cute little house. However... there seems to be a problem with the scale of the furniture. If you look at the beds in the bedrooms, they seem to be only about 150-160 cms long, instead of the more usual 200-210 cms. That makes the house appear much more spacious than it in reality is.

Thank you very much, I did not realize it, but now I did.

I adjusted the master bedroom bed (200 cm long) and made some modifications, the toddler bed is not required to be so big, and the two preteen are now about 180-190 cm long.

Maybe I am making mini and tiny designs in this period because now I am living in a studio flat where the kitchen is so near neighbor the sofa/bed and the sofa/bed is so near neighbor the wardrobe and so on, so I was infected by my home XD.

But I am also making another home, 2 floors with a garden, and that one I hope will be more spacious. Sooner I will post the exteriors.
[Aug 22, 2018, 10:32:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved