Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3072 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
stevish

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Can't Modify walls

Ok, this is driving me crazy! I have my base plan unlocked (I keep locking and unlocking it just to see if that fixes it but it doesn't) I feel like it must have something to do with levels.

I can make new walls. I can't select existing walls or rooms, but the furniture, doors and windows are all accessible.

The time I started experiencing wierd behavior was when I tried raising the elevation of the plan. It's a 3rd floor space, and I wanted the ground outside to be 35' below the floor. I tried adding a level and raising it up, tried a few things, then ultimately just deleted all the levels. At some point, all my furniture (but not the doors and windows) disappeared from my top-down view, but not from the 3d view. So I selected the furniture I wanted to move from the list on the left, and all the furniture came back. But as soon as that happened, I lost the ability to edit the walls and floors. I tried saving and exiting the app, then opening it again, so now I can't even use undo to get back.

So now I have no levels, my plan is unlocked, and all I can touch are new walls/rooms and all the furniture/doors/walls. I can't even select the existing walls/rooms

Any help would be appreciated.
[Aug 24, 2018, 5:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can't Modify walls

It looks like you encountered a bug.
Please send me your file, I’ll try to fix it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 25, 2018, 10:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your file. I fixed it and sent it back to you.
The error was about levels management as you noticed it. Even if you removed all levels, some objects still had a wrong level information, preventing to select them. I'm going to try to reproduce the issue to fix it...
[Aug 27, 2018, 5:32:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stevish

United States

Wow, thanks for the quick response! Hope you can reproduce it! If it helps, I'm running Windows 10 (Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299), have 3 screens going, had the 3d view on and full-size on a separate 1080x1920 screen and had a bunch of other stuff running (so probably taxing my processor/video card).

If I remember correctly, the first time I clicked "add level," It seemed like it didn't work, because there were still no level tabs. It seemed to me that was when it broke, though I didn't notice until later. Also, I had been digging through a lot of options, looking for a way to change the elevation, since it's supposed to be a 3rd story room (and I didn't care to create the other levels, just let it hover).

Happy hunting!
[Aug 27, 2018, 6:57:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stevish

United States

Oh, and I can't find your email. Would you be willing to send it again?
[Aug 27, 2018, 6:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If I remember correctly, the first time I clicked "add level," It seemed like it didn't work, because there were still no level tabs.
I didn't succeed to reproduce this bug yet, but at the moment, this sounds as a possible reason which would explain why the data was corrupted.
[Aug 27, 2018, 8:52:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
drchrislove

USA

I too cannot modify walls. I select either the room or a wall and the modify walls menu links do not enable. This happens in both 32-bit and 64-bit installations. Thanks for your help.
[Feb 11, 2019, 5:33:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
drchrislove

USA

I think I figured it out, one must create walls over to top of creating a room. Sorry for the newbie stuff. Thanks
[Feb 11, 2019, 5:47:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
collinsmwenda

Zambia

I have a similar problem. I imported furniture and texture. Now not only can I not save any modifications to existing designs, I cannot draw any walls at all so I cannot do any new design. Please help me
[May 17, 2020, 5:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved