Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 30
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 41703 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Azure Home

@cec As an amateur navigator, I object! I have met women who wanted the Earth to move, but a compass is not the best way. You should adjust the date/time - and if it still does not fit, you need to shift the background image... smile

Yes, we sometimes perform some shortcuts – and sometimes we leave our men wondering how we ever managed to beat them, since we have always expressed our admiration and worshipped their superior intellect.
The question is:
How can we ever succeed in moving anything when we are constantly met with men telling us we're doing it wrong? Sure, from men's point of view there are always better and more complicated scientific approaches to solving simple questions – simple questions like how to align shadows in a 3D-illustration.

By all means, take the long way home: Change the date and time – choose another time zone – chose another location – or shift the overall angle of your construction... But don't – I mean DON'T – don't you EVER touch the compass, because adjusting the compass is a violation of... eh... it's a violation ... of... well IT'S CHEATING! THAT'S what it is... CHEATING!

Listen to me: In the real world, young lady, you can't just MOVE THE COMPASS in order to have your shadows pointing in whatever direction you want them to! There are physical laws in this world – believe it or not!
You can't just DO things without considering the CONSEQUENCES! What would the world of 3D-creation come to if everyone could just move the compass to alter the directions of the shadows... ?

Do you get my drift?

Cecilia
[Sep 7, 2018, 11:39:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

I would love to have both okh and cecilia to be in my cocktail party for sure but for now, adjusting the compass would do just nice for AdeleAli. :)
[Sep 8, 2018, 2:59:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Do you get my drift?
Not only do I get your drift, it was fondly anticipated. Your renderings are proof that any wise person would advice me not to advice you. But then, I am man, and you also knew I had to say what I said... smile A delight to have you back.
.. hard to find the exact and perfect position of everything in order to create realistic atmospheres...
True, but it will be easier with the release of SH3D6 where the 3D view matches the q3/q4 rendering (thread 8704). And even easier using Cec' brilliant guides and template (thread 8832). Main point is, as Cec says, the renderings and moods you create are great. Best of luck with your exam.
..in my cocktail party...
smile if we can find our way...

ok

PS. As I am only a man I have not grasped why Cec' template has 0° South. But to other confused men - not to worry - I will put together a simplified man-template where the world is not upside down (and to correct the mistake using sine for altitude projection, with SH3D 6 it makes no sense for the 3D view either). More about that in 8704 later.
[Sep 8, 2018, 8:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I would love to have both okh and cecilia to be in my cocktail party for sure but for now, adjusting the compass would do just nice for AdeleAli. :)

I think you are right, it is only a project made during my free time, without any plan to realize it in real, so for now adjusting the compass is ok XD.
[Sep 8, 2018, 5:50:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@okh

If a man's mind becomes pure, his surroundings will also become pure. (Gautama Buddha)

So free your mind – and adjust your compass. wink

You know, a woman's mind is cleaner than a man's, because she changes it more often.
As you can see from examining some of my former threads (that you have been generously linking to),
I'm constantly changing my mind (not unlike science), as my knowledge is challenged and updated.
So I might not mean the same tomorrow, even if I'm unshakably confident today.
That goes for this too:

As I am only a man I have not grasped why Cec' template has 0° South
I know that this can be a hard exercise, but try this:
1) Open SH3D and insert the sky template.
2) Select Modify areal visitor
3) Adjust Body Angle and Head angle to zero ( 0)
4) Press OK
5) Look at the image displayed in the 3D view

You see, the template is NOT a compass – it's just a guidance for simple placement of backdrops. It's the Body angle that the coordinates refer to.

Using a sundial with the sky template, it might be even easier to calculate the direction of the shadows.

Cecilia
[Sep 9, 2018, 2:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

So free your mind – and adjust your compass.
No, thank you very much. But there is a reason. My projects, which I do not post, because they are private, are also real. E.g. where I live which is oriented some 13.6 degrees off North. Cheating is not an option if I want to know when and how sun enters the living room.
..might not mean the same tomorrow, even if I'm unshakably confident today...
Very true. Acknowledging that today's truths may be tomorrow's falsehoods is key to the evolution of mankind.
..a hard exercise, but try this...
. Yes, I am aware of this blatant bug in SH3D. But in real life the sun still rises in the East and sets in the West.
Using a sundial with the sky template...
Absolutely. I reserve a level for a sundial too. But unless you tell me otherwise, I suspect that rendering does not take equation of time into consideration. Not that it matters much.

@AdeleAlli: you probably want to ignore us, my mistake, I should not have invaded your thread with nonsensical banter... Tune in your exams.

ok

PS Actually, there is something interesting about this discussion. It seems to confirm recent studies (easier to read than papers by the 2014 Medicine Nobel Laureates). Short version is that "..women use an egocentric spatial frame of reference.". So there! smile
[Sep 9, 2018, 4:29:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Cheating is not an option if I want to know when and how sun enters the living room.

True – but only a very small percentage of the projects presented here (@ the gallery) are dealing with real life, compared to those being about making good renderings.

But unless you tell me otherwise, I suspect that rendering does not take equation of time into consideration.

Probably not – but you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows... ?

Short version is that "..women use an egocentric spatial frame of reference.". So there! smile

Yes! And you should try it!
Using steady landmarks to navigate, we can dash happily into the swampland and look for cloudberries, without fearing that a sudden overcast( or the equation of time) will lead us astray on our way back home. smile

Cec
[Sep 9, 2018, 5:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..very small percentage of the projects presented here (@ the gallery) are dealing with real life...
That may be so, but I suspect quite a few non-posters are plenty busy with planning real life projects. Anyway, now there is less need for messing with the compass: (thread,8704#40817) smile Me very happy!
..the swampland and look for cloudberries, without fearing that a sudden overcast( or the equation of time) will lead us astray on our way back home...
Cloudberries are highly overrated. So glad to hear you can find your way home, though. And so will I, and no, I will not ask for directions - or ever admit I am lost. ok
[Sep 11, 2018, 10:16:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cristoph126

USA

how long have you been learning to 3d model like that? it's pretty cool
[Nov 2, 2018, 7:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

how long have you been learning to 3d model like that? it's pretty cool

Hi,
to model the plan of the house, it requires me more or less 3 days, but not fully working on it, then the decorations of the garden quite more.

The interiors are not ready yet, because I want to realize the set of furniture for the project by my own, using Blender, but for now I suspended all my projects in general due to exams, so sooner or later I will post them :D.

I hope I answered to your question, if not tell me.
[Nov 2, 2018, 4:15:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved