Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 124
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 300063 times and has 123 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Light & textures - rendering examples of this and that.

btw: You should revise your spellcheck settings and untick the automatic replacement ( or what it’s called).
Of course...
Thanks

Here are my two colour palettes — cold and warm.

Cec
[Jan 3, 2019, 7:51:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Convaallaria

It so interesting
[Jan 21, 2019, 9:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

It so interesting
smile

A little experiment with the compass:
This is a 24 hr sequence of the midnight sun with the coordinates from Hammerfest in Norway, the first urban settlement in Northern Europe to get electrical street lights.

cec
[Jan 30, 2019, 8:08:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Two renderings of the
SweetHome3DExample13-AlpsHotel.

My intention was to continue an earlier experiment where I quite unsuccessfully tried to create the illusion of a slightly visible light bulb inside a lamp shade.
I was thinking that Enkonyito's new opaque light sphere would be perfect for achieving the effect I was after.
However, continuing to work with the original project file was too boring. The Alps Hotel demo file, on the other hand, seemed to be perfect, as it already had all the elements I needed,
plus a lot more that made it interesting to work with.
I just needed to perform some minor modifications for the project to suit my purpose.

First I changed the texture of the red lamp shades to a 95% opaque red fabric texture.
Then I inserted an opaque light sphere inside, and added four incandescent lights encircling the lamp shade — both to illuminate the shade from the outside and to create a bright spot around the
image of the opaque sphere light that had now become visible thru the barely transparent lamp shade.
I did this for both the red lamps in the room.
The result was okay, although not as perfect as I had hoped for.

But of course I couldn't help myself, so I removed the Christmas tree ( since Christmas is long gone), I modified the fireplace slightly, and I placed some panel lights here and there (some inside the room
and some outside the windows). The rest was left untouched (I think).
And then I made this rendering

The modified project file (28 Mb) is HERE for anyone interested in seeing what I have done.

Afterwards I added some surroundings and played around with some other stuff, to see if I could create an exterior snapshot.
It turned out like this:

That's it.

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Feb 6, 2019, 12:22:51 AM]
[Feb 6, 2019, 12:07:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Sweet Home Hotel magnified! Many thanks, Cecilia!
[Feb 6, 2019, 7:16:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I placed some panel lights here and there

Yeah, right!
I counted more than 20 new light sources, and you did not just sprinkle them "here and there".
I think your "minor modifications" are well worth a study for anyone interested in advanced lighting.

I would have liked to see the project file for your second image as well.

Xiste
[Feb 16, 2019, 6:46:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bartosz

Poland

Hi Cecilia
I'm an admirer of your works. Everytime I see your interiors I can hear this music in my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF43b38k0Mw

Bart
[Feb 22, 2019, 10:26:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Everytime I see your interiors I can hear this music in my mind
Cool! Thank you for this. Angelo Badalamenti was totally unknown to me – a new favourite.
I was only eleven when Twin Peaks was the talk of the town. It was not my cup of tea – back then.

I often find myself listening to music when I'm working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25q8nWZQGaQ

Cec
[Mar 25, 2019, 10:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I would have liked to see the project file for your second image as well.
Well, it's forever lost. I didn't think of saving it.

I think your "minor modifications" are well worth a study for anyone interested in advanced lighting.

I hope so.
I really wish more people would share their project files. Some of the renderings I have seen here lately are way better than mine.

Cec
[Mar 25, 2019, 10:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Hi everyone,

since some of you are still reading this thread (and I'm also getting e-mails about it) I need to point out that some of the earlier posts here are posted prior to the release of SH3D version 6, meaning that some of the info and statements are no longer valid.
So please don't mail me about errors. I'd rather you posted your comments here, so that your info and suggestions are shared.

Thank you all for reading this thread and for sharing your thoughts.

Cecilia
[Apr 8, 2019, 10:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved