Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24915 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New Build.

Here are some images of a new project. The inside is not done yet so this is the outside and some detailing.

Footings

Damp Coarse

Ground floor

Timber framing

Ceilings

fascias and soffets

Roofs

Finally the front, following Cec's excellent tutorial

I have made a few tweaks since some of these were made, they will show later.

Feel free to comment, advice is always welcome.

Mike
[Sep 4, 2018, 2:16:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: New Build.

Hi Mike53,
I simply love and appreciate very much the images that show how the house is growing starting from the basement! Good work and hope to see the interiors soon!

Best Regards,
AdeleAlli
[Sep 4, 2018, 8:42:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I love seeing how the detailed construction is being erected (and ! love the front-shot) smile

This is solid work, Mike!

Cec
[Sep 5, 2018, 11:04:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you Cec
Thank you Adele, your build got me thinking about it.

As for interior :- here are 2 of the bathroom.

I removed the shower screen for this render.

and 1 had to remove a wall to get this shot

Mike
[Sep 8, 2018, 12:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Yes, very interesting way of "building" and great result. How many bedrooms, at the end?
[Sep 8, 2018, 12:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi VeroniQ
Thank you for the comment.
here are the floor plans.

Ground Floor

1st floor

Mike
[Sep 8, 2018, 3:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

The garage floor is actually below the damp coarse level of the house. As you will see in the following image i have used a floor texture to represent a sealed/waterproof finish which curves and continues up the wall 300mm.

Mike
[Sep 9, 2018, 8:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

A few images of the kitchen now :-

After seeing these i noticed a few little tweaks were needed, floating handles mainly, structurally i increased the amount of "return" on the wall with the large hatch, this is to give sufficient surface to support a lintel, changed the doors and drawer fronts to shiny and most importantly modified the island to incorporate a stool, now "she that shall be obeyed" has somewhere to sit whilst working hard - waiting for the dish washer to finish.
For this final image i changed the setting to Gloss and following Cec's and OK's very interesting discussion about settings you will see that this render was taken at 9 AM with the moonlight streaming through the north facing windows. It took nearly 8 hrs on my little PC, but i am quite pleased with it.

Mike
[Sep 17, 2018, 10:01:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TommoLeo

Brasil

It's so cool seeing this process of building the house, Mike! And the bathroom e and kitchen are very well done, how do you make this kind of spot lights in the bathroom ceiling? It seems to work pretty good for lighting a room :)
[Sep 18, 2018, 10:54:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Tommo
The spotlight i use i got from a file that i think Cec shared some time ago in a bathroom file, i'll dig it out and post a link.
I usually set it to about 5% and position a light source approx 200mm dia. below it, height and power of the source varies with what i am trying to achieve.
As the lamp is a light source i cannot import it to the library, i just keep it in a file that's handy and copy/paste whenever i need it.
Mike
[Sep 22, 2018, 11:06:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved