Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3226 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
svedel77

+45 Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
60 FPS movies

Hi,

Is there a programmer, who can make it possible, to make movies from SH3D with 60 FPS instead of 30?

Best regards
Søren
[Sep 7, 2018, 5:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: 60 FPS movies

Hi,

Can you tell us in what it's interesting ?

human eye can see only 25 pictures by second.

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 7, 2018, 7:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Hi BDFD,

That is not correkt. If I have a computermonitor running 30 FPS the human eye can clearly see lagging. Therefore most modern monitors have a refresh rate og 60 hz. Hardcore gamers claim they can see the difference of 60 and 144 hz. I can see clearly the difference of 30 and 60. Most people can.
[Sep 8, 2018, 6:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@svedel77
Is there a programmer, who can make it possible, to make movies from SH3D with 60 FPS instead of 30?

For what purpose would you like to have a frame rate of 60? And for what resolution?
You must know that the higher the number of images, the longer the video rendering will be.

This video recorded on 6 seconds at 1280x720 pixels - 16/9 - 24frames/second has a rendering time of about 5 hours.
In a video editor, I divided by 2 the original playback speed and multiplied by 2 the original duration.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 8, 2018, 8:20:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

@svedel77

For what purpose would you like to have a frame rate of 60? And for what resolution?
You must know that the higher the number of images, the longer the video rendering will be.

This video recorded on 6 seconds at 1280x720 pixels - 16/9 - 24frames/second has a rendering time of about 5 hours.
In a video editor, I divided by 2 the original playback speed and multiplied by 2 the original duration.

Yes, it's true it will take forever in good settings. I've tried making movies in different qualities. For movies - not images - I'd go with quality number 2. But I want it in fullHD, and a smooth framerate. I've made an apartment this week, and a fullHD movie took about 12 minutes. So making the same movie in 60 hz would take less than half an hour. I've got a separate Windows PC apart from my working PC. It can render a movie for days, without interference.
[Sep 9, 2018, 6:07:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

For the sunlight simulation effect, I used the SunFlow rendering engine (quality 3 or 4) which is necessarily longer because it takes into account the lighting.

For a "classic" animation (moving the visitor) and without lighting, 3D offscreen images (quality 1 or 2) are much faster.

To return to your original question, it is possible to change the frame rate in a plug-in or a derived version of SH3D if it is different from the standard video panel .
EnkoNyito
[Sep 10, 2018, 11:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

The new version of the video plug-in allows you to choose a standard frame rate (25, 30, 50 or 60).
EnkoNyito
[Oct 16, 2018, 12:29:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

That is so sweet. Thank you a thousand times. Right now I'm rendering at 0.5 speed, and 60 FPS on a small design. I'll keep you updated.
[Oct 16, 2018, 4:20:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Here it is :

www.pionersoft.dk/jpg/60fps.mp4
[Oct 16, 2018, 4:45:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved