Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2358 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
live

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta12-windows.exe

Same issue as of SH version 5.5+ on app start-up:

"SweetHome3D doit quitter maintenant à cause d'une erreur fatale dans son système de rendu 3D. Mettez à jour les drivers DirectX/OpenGL de la carte vidéo de l'ordinateur."
[Sep 24, 2018, 9:04:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Re: SweetHome3D-6.0.beta12-windows.exe

My Sweet Home 3D 5.7 also often encountered this problem, restart the computer to solve the problem.

It is usually encountered after running other large 3D programs.
[Sep 24, 2018, 10:16:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you select the 32 bit option during installation?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 24, 2018, 3:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
live

Retried with SweetHome3D-6.0

>Did you select the 32 bit option during installation?
No, as Win10 64bits, with latest updates
Hardware: core i5, 4GB RAM, intel HD Graphics 3000

On an another (and more recent) notebook, SH3D works OK.

P.S. Proposal during install:
1. Different names according to 32bits or 64bits
2. Possibility to set path for already installed java, so that SH3D does not install its own.
[Oct 15, 2018, 8:52:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The installer proposes by default to install Sweet Home 3D 32 bit under Windows 10 64 bit, because it's the only option that works on some old computers which should even not be able to run under Windows 10 from this list. The best you can do is to complain to Microsoft to stop accepting to upgrade to Windows 10, or to Intel to make them update their graphics driver.

1. Different names according to 32bits or 64bits
I made the effort to develop a unified installer and certainly won't go back, just because it's more difficult to communicate on multiple installers.

2. Possibility to set path for already installed java, so that SH3D does not install its own.
It's not a recommended way to do anymore, and if you really want to use your installed JRE, you can use Java Web Start version or JAR Executable version.
[Oct 15, 2018, 10:04:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
live

>Java Web Start version
Well, I use a portable version of java, so I would need to specify the execution path of java; bat file for other apps.

> JAR Executable version
Same as preceeding + it's mentionned "could use 96 MB of memory at maximum, which is too small to create middle sized homes."

>Intel to make them update their graphics driver.
Why is than working with SH3d 5.4 ? Aka what change did you brough which causes to break executing SH3d? Could be worth debug check.
[Oct 23, 2018, 10:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

it's mentionned "could use 96 MB of memory at maximum, which is too small to create middle sized homes."
It depends on Java versions. With Java 8, the default max memory is a quarter of the available memory.

Why is than working with SH3d 5.4 ? Aka what change did you brough which causes to break executing SH3d?
This issue actually appeared each time I upgraded the Java version bundled with Sweet Home 3D from version 8u51 to a more recent version, the first time with Sweet Home 3D 5.1, then with Sweet Home 3D 5.5, because meanwhile, I downgraded Java 8u74 to 8u51 in version Sweet Home 3D 5.3.
I could have also continued to bundle Java 8u51 with Sweet Home 3D installer for a longer time, but users wouldn't benefit of recent bug fixes and improvements in Java (like the ability to horizontally scroll in the plan with mouse wheel when Shift key is pressed).
As users reported that the issue didn't happen with Java 8u60+ 32 bit, I preferred to use recent Java 8 updates and add some command line options in the installer of Sweet Home 3D 5.5 to force the installation of Sweet Home 3D 32 bit under Windows 64 bit when necessary. Finally, in Sweet Home 3D 6.0, I made this switch easier to handle with the new 32 bit / 64 bit options added in the user interface of the installer.

From discussions with other programmers, Java 8u51 wasn't declared as Windows 10 compatible, whereas it was the case for Java 8u60.
Some people suggested to remove the "Windows 10 compatible" flag from recent Java versions to make it work again, but it doesn't seem to work all the time, and I'm not even sure it's really legal to modify Java this way. Therefore, I chose to check the 32 bit option by default when the installer is run under Windows 10 64 bit.
[Oct 23, 2018, 11:52:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
live

>Java Web Start version
No possibility to specify owns local path??

>With Java 8, the default max memory is a quarter of the available memory.
Then, on http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp I would change
"it's not the preferred option to run Sweet Home 3D because you won't get association with Sweet Home 3D files, and depending on the Java version you use, it could use 96 MB of memory at maximum, which is too small to create middle sized homes."
To something as
"Warning: Java 7 bounds SH3d to maximum 96Mb, which is too small to create middle sized homes ; with Java 8, this method limits the SH3d memory usage to maximum 1/4 of the available RAM, if your system as more than 1Gb free ram, you shouldn't experience any limitation."
[Oct 24, 2018, 9:40:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved