Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3373 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
hotngui

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cannot interact with UI on Mac OS 10.13.6

I just downloaded and installed the application onto my Mac. I can start the app but cannot interact with any of the UI elements on any of the windows or dialogs. For example I can open the Preferences dialog via the menu but cannot click on any of the controls or buttons. Same problem with every attempt at interaction beyond menu items.
[Sep 25, 2018, 2:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Cannot interact with UI on Mac OS 10.13.6

First time I hear about such a problem (and I work almost all day long under macOS 10.13.6).
Could you try the version 6.0 Beta 11 to check how it behaves?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 25, 2018, 9:49:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hotngui

USA

I just downloaded and tried that beta version with no joy - the problem still exists.

I am using the AppStore version on a iMac 5k if that makes a difference. Are there any prerequisites in terms of Java that are missing - I originally assumed your desktop version packaged its own Java version but maybe I was wrong?

I too have never seen such a problem, but again I don't run a lot of Java based applications on my iMac 5k either.

Any other ideas or suggestions?
[Sep 25, 2018, 4:34:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hotngui

USA

Another update - I can run the free version of the 5.7 app downloaded from Surgeforce, if I also download the legacy 1.6 version of Java.

However I believe the free version has limits on file size and such, which is why I purchased the Mac AppStore version in the first place.
[Sep 26, 2018, 8:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved