Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3110 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
benhur2407

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D view suddenly brigthens significantly

I am working on a house project. I added walls, rooms, doors and even a roof without problems. I was trying to add windows when the 3D view suddenly became significantly brighter, to the point where it is impossible to distinguish walls from ceiling when inside the house. I am currently using SH3D 5.2A. I tried updating to newer versions up to 5.7 but the problem occured again. I am on Windows 10-64 bit and my graphics card is AMD Radeon R290. The drivers of the graphics card have been kept up to date as well as Windows. My model size is currently 26 Mo only.

Is there a way to get rid of this annoying problem?
[Sep 27, 2018, 4:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
benhur2407

Canada
Re: 3D view suddenly brigthens significantly

Here is a link of screen captures before and after problem apperared:

Before: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1xj5k7to2uq2b6m/Before.png/file

After: http://www.mediafire.com/view/30rby7s75hwf9ui/After.JPG/file

Hope this helps.
[Sep 27, 2018, 6:14:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Perhaps you have set the "Time of Day" differently in the render-settings?
[Sep 30, 2018, 1:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try to reduce the light brightness in the 3D view modification pane shown by 3D view > Modify 3D view menu item?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 30, 2018, 4:32:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
benhur2407

Canada

This was happening while I was adding furniture (windows in this case) without changing anything else. I have tried using Integrated Graphics on my motherboard (Intel HD Graphics 4600) and the problem went away. I suspect my graphics card or its driver was the culprit even though the driver was the latest available and the graphics card was working perfectly with other software. For now, I will continue using Integrated Graphics but I'm afraid I'll lose performance when my model gets bigger. We'll see. Thanks for your replies.
[Oct 1, 2018, 3:08:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved