Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4740 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
bertrand125

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
TV screen emitting light.

I wonder if it is possible to create a TV screen emitting light and displaying a picture. Or a stove emitting light from the glass and displaying a texture of a fire.

I have read the SVG mini guide, and it says we must define a diameter for a light source, but I wonder if:
- it is possible to define a rectangular surface as a light source ?
- make a light that doesn't blind when we look at it ?

By the same way, I also thought to make the rectangular glass of a window emit light without blinding, in order to simulate the natural light.

If it is not possible with the actual version of SweetHome 3D, I wonder if it could be possible in a future version ?
[Oct 5, 2018, 9:10:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Re: TV screen emitting light.

Use Enko Nyito's PVR- 1.5 and light panel - rectangle light source,visible or not (info and download ). Quick test - two panels as close to tv screen as possible, one illuminates room with bluish light (power 7%), the other one is rotated 180 degrees to make screen bright (white, light power 10%).

tv screen.sh3d
[Oct 5, 2018, 2:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Very nice and easy solution, but what about a semi transparent TV screen and only one light panel behind the screen?
It's only an idea and I don't know how it works and have not the time to test right now...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 5, 2018, 2:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bertrand125

alaX, thanks for your reply and the example file. This solution is great.
[Oct 6, 2018, 6:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved