Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3889 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
The Lake Lanier Six - a lakefront single-family residence

NOTE: These images linked to (including the floorplan) are copyrighted by me. All rights reserved.

Here are some preliminary renderings assembled by SH3D 5.7 showing the possibilities with this software. None of the images are photoshopped.

The Lake Lanier Six™ is the name of this single-family residence, to be built over the shoreline of a lake. The rooms are all hexagonal, most have six-faced vaulted roofs, and those on the beach and water are built on moorings.

The farthest room on the right is the Master Bedroom, which has sloped windows overlooking the lake. This shot looks northwest at about 4PM. The design is not yet complete; there will be external baseboards on the bottoms of the outside walls and steeple-like turrets at the tops of each hexagonal roof.

Here is one showing the Master Bedroom at the same time:

All of the renderings here will not have furniture (only fixtures), but i put the queen-sized bed here to give you an idea of the space involved.

This shot shows the same scene, looking towards the closet area. The Master Bedroom has his-and-hers closets — the one on the right with the folding doors is the man's closet, and the door next to it goes to a walk-in for her. You can also see the loft on the "second floor", used more for storage than anything else.

Now going a little bit towards the closet you see this:

Here you are looking down the corridor that leads to the Living Room. This hallway has polarized windows on both sides and a ramp going up into the large living room. On the right in this shot is the door to the Master Bath, as shown here.

and behind you see:

Let's come back and step into the corridor:

In this shot, we're facing due north, with the afternoon sun behind us, looking over the back patio. On the left you can see the wide open space of the Living Room, and farther still, into the kitchen.

Now here's a shot from the Living Room, looking west from the bathroom door into the Dining Room archway.

On the left is the entrance to one of the bedrooms, and on the very right is the entrance to the kitchen, where the model is standing.
Above you can see the second floor, which i call the "Lighthouse" level. It's strictly decoration, with nothing but windows all around, allowing sunlight to stream in at all times of the day (except high noon i guess).

Now here's a shot from the Lighthouse level looking down into the Living Room, but facing east towards the other bedroom:

I've turned on the upstairs and downstairs lights, and on the bottom right you can see the corridor leading back to the Master Bedroom.

Here's one showing the view from the Dining Room north into the kitchen:

On the right is the Living Room and straight ahead is the kitchen. In the distance, you can see the "front door" which comes in from the drive-thru garage.

Now here's some renderings of the kitchen:

The kitchen boasts a large food prep area, a hexagonal beverage bar, lots of room, porthole windows to light up the counter during the day, and plenty of cupboards for storage space.

Of course, these are not the best renderings that SH3D can do, but i don't like waiting more than 10 minutes for renderings, so these are just sketches.

Let me know how you like!
[Oct 17, 2018, 4:02:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: The Lake Lanier Six - a lakefront single-family residence

I can only imagine how cool it would be to grow up in a home like this!
Very nice project!

Xiste
[Oct 17, 2018, 8:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Very original and inspired! I like especially the way it looks from outside. The interior reminds me different films. Very inspiring!
[Oct 17, 2018, 9:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

I'm glad you liked it, and i hope you find it inspiring in your own designs!

It should be noted, everything here was created in SH3D, altho i did hafta import a few 3D models — namely, the land around the house (a terrain mesh), the light switches, and some sconces.
The hexagonal roof and the sloped windows were made within SH3D, using wall export & import. It took me forever to find the right lake surface texture.

Later i will add some foliage, finish the architecture, and perhaps put in some example furniture layouts.
[Oct 19, 2018, 1:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved