Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2546 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
ozmike

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Site Plan and/or Boundary Limitations

Hi All!
I am trying to add a site plan and/or boundary limitations using Sweet Home 3D (which I am finding VERY easy to use and fantastic). DEsigning my house for a difficult battle axe, bushfire-prone block of land means that it must be set back from boundary my 10,000mm and only have a certain footprint. Designing the home is the easy bit, but trying to then draw a wit map and move the home around within that site map is proving a bit of a challenge. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Best to all from downunder
[Oct 19, 2018, 3:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Site Plan and/or Boundary Limitations

.. draw a wit map and move the home around within that site map is proving a bit of a challenge. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Maybe I am missing something here, but would it be easier to move the site instead of the home?

Everyone has a different technique, but I prefer always putting the house top left corner at co-ordinates 0,0, then use a different level (same elevation or lower), for site information. Either with a background image on that level, or using the room-tool to outline the property; or poly-lines, low, narrow walls as 'fences' or something. At least that helps me comply with local requirements of 400cm building off-set from neighbour property, just by selecting everything on the 'terrain' level and moving the selection. And hide the level when working on the house itself.
ok
[Oct 19, 2018, 8:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jfgray

USA

I'm having the same problem - the dimensions are smaller, but the problem is that while the house has right angles the lot dimensions do NOT. When I try to create an area for the lot itself, the horizontal boundaries lines forced to 15 degree increments. I know there has to be some way to place the lot lines more precisely. BTW, I'm just using PolyLines to mark the boundary and have it on the main level - unless there's a better way to do that.
[Oct 31, 2018, 1:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Advanced Editing plug-in

User's guide:
To help you drawing parallel walls, the angle of the walls on the floor is a multiple of 15° by default. You may cancel this magnetism by disabling magnetism in the preferences dialog box or by holding the Alt key pressed during the drawing under Windows, the cmd key under Mac OS X or the Shift + Alt keys under Linux.

[Oct 31, 2018, 4:11:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved