Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20493 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: massive color-difference

Not so sure this is a new topic, i seem to recall questioning it a couple of years ago, i have found that using textures is far more accurate than colors, here are 2 images, 1 a screenshot the other a render.

and this is a Q4 render

not only does the red change to pink but it also shows how different objects color differently, the I beams are rooms and the roller support brackets are box's, both have the same color applied to them.
Mike
[Nov 16, 2018, 10:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Well, more than 1 year after the last post, but... Has somebody tried to render one of these projects with YafaRay to see if the color difference between a pure color and a texture of the same color is still there?
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Dec 6, 2019, 8:05:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Interesting idea. Yes, I have, but unfortunately I have changed all my projects from colored to textured objects.
But I will this give a try.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 7, 2019, 11:26:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@UbuntuBirdy
This picture shows what's wrong in my opinion:

- The left cube has a texture which is only colored as #520015
- The right cube has the color #520015 directly

In my opinion both cubes should look the same, we should see exactly the same color. But only the textured cube shows the color #520015 as it should be.

I think the difference comes from the way Java 3D processes colors or textures.

Example of rendering in quality 1.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Dec 13, 2019, 2:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Not sure if this issue has been attended to but i am still getting the same issue

Roof with colour:-

Roof with texture:-

[Feb 21, 2021, 11:24:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

This is a known "problem". Using an even-coloured texture is the solution, as you already found out.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 21, 2021, 11:40:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Just because it is something that is a "KNOWN PROBLEM" shouldn't mean we have to continue with "work arounds" rather than sorting the issues.
As a maintenance engineer i quite often use "work arounds" when needed to get a machine running, but, these are temporary, I return as soon as possible to properly make repair.
[Feb 21, 2021, 1:16:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

While we are at it, is my issue same as well? All my bright colors become pale when I generate an image. Please see attached.

Any setting I need to change while generating image?

Cannot attach any image host files for some reason. Tried imgur and prnt.sc`
[Feb 26, 2021, 6:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kutlu9

I'm having same problem as reddy.shyam. I was using the programm without any problems, suddenly my images become over exposed. Uninstall/reinstall didn't solved it.

I noticed sky texture or color doesn't render (rendering with only pure white color) making final image over exposed.
[Mar 14, 2021, 8:20:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved