Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3679 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
PingPong

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
White stripes in rendering

Hello all,

I am new to Sweet Home 3D and just tried various things which I want to use in future projects. Most of the stuff I tried works perfectly but there is one big issue which I was not able to solve yet even though I looked for possible solutions in the forum.

I tried to render some scenes using the example files from the gallery. SweetHome3D Gallery
As example I tried to render a scene from the Example10 file. For rendering I use the PhotoVideoRendering plugin. Everything works rather fine if I just use the quality settings 1 or 2 as you can see here:

However, as soon as I switch to quality settings 3 or 4 I encounter problems with the rendering. I will always end up with some white stripes and artifacts in the image, mainly concentrated on the floor.

This image was taken with the lanczos filter on quality setting 3 but it does not really matter which filter I use since all of them show this problem to some extend. It mainly affects the floor texture and here is another close up of the issue at a higher resolution with quality setting 4.

I played around with various rendering settings but could not find a solution to the problem. This issue gets even weirder since it is not reproducible. The following image shows three renderings of the same scene with the same rendering settings. I just rendered the scene 3 times and saved each image which shows that the error is not reproducible at all.

As you can see with this scene it is not just the floor texture but all textures that can cause problems. The model in the last scene was imported from sketchup and also produces no problems when only quality settings 1 and 2 are used.

I hope that someone can help me with this issue. Maybe I just missed some settings that could easily resolve my problem.

Kind regards
[Oct 22, 2018, 10:53:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PingPong

Re: White stripes in rendering

Quick update.

After another hour of trying to get rid of the error I found the solution with the Example 10 file. I just had to increase the floor level for half a centimeter to get rid of the white stripes. Seems like some textures superimposed which caused the problem.

I think the same happens with the modell in the last image. But since this was imported, I cannot solve the issue the same way.
[Oct 22, 2018, 9:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Re: White stripes in rendering

In SketchUp check if there's no color/texture on back faces of your model (even if you don't select option "Export Two-Sided faces").

In SH3D look at materials of your model - try to turn off visibility of some of them.

[Oct 23, 2018, 10:49:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved