Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1374 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
DoubleHP

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to bind a door to a wall ?

Hello.

1: I have created 4 walls, but forgot to double click on the last junction; is there a way to fix the connexion between 1st and 4th wall, or do I need to remove and recreate them ?

2: How to bind items between them ?
- walls to room, so that when I move a room or a wall, the other one follows
- a door or window to a wall, so that when I move a wall, the door follows.
- dimensions to anything (wall or door)

AFAIK, sweethome does not seem to forgive any mistake; if I did anything wrong, fixing it later seems PITA to adjust further details. I tried other 3D tools, and they are not much better. Gave a try to FreeCAD and it ended very bad for my brain (need to draw 300 base nodes for my house just for exterior, and the software explodes after 20).

NB: still using version 5.4, did not update to v6 yet.

Thanks.
[Nov 3, 2018, 3:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DoubleHP

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to bind a door to a wall ?

I found how to remoe just the 4th wall, and redraw only the 4th wall and connect it to the first one. I am able to draw consecutie walls, continue an existing one, and start new walls after existing ones, but I am not able to bind walls by their middle: join 3 walls at a corner, or start a new wall from the middle of an existing one.
[Nov 3, 2018, 3:11:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved