Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4819 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
otadmin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SweetHome3D-6.0-portable How to start from USB-stick

I am on linux-mint 19 and am using sweethome 3d since a while. Just downloaded SweetHome3D-6.0-portable and unpacked in on a USB-stick to take my projects to other computers.

Question is how to start the program from the stick? If I double-click SweetHome3D-linux-x64 a text editor opens showing the code but does not run sh3d.
[Nov 6, 2018, 7:32:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SweetHome3D-6.0-portable How to start from USB-stick

Don't open SweetHome3D-linux-x64 with a text editor but run it as a script using this tip or in a Terminal window.
Depending on how you copied files on your USB stick, you may also have to reset execution rights on SweetHome3D-linux-x64 and jre/linux/x64/jre8/bin/java files.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 6, 2018, 9:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Thanks, clear to understand. Learned about permissions!

Now I get Error: Could not find or load main class com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D . On the portable version the Furniture is in data.
[Nov 7, 2018, 5:01:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This could mean that you moved some files in lib subfolder.
As explained at the end of the README.TXT file, you shouldn't move files found in the uncompressed folder.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 7, 2018, 9:28:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Just started up again. Nothing works! Whatever advice I implement the file opens in the text editor.
I formatted the USB-stick to fat32 to be able to run it on different OS. But under linux I am unable to change any permissions.
Noticed that the file name is SweetHome3D-linux-x64 with no ending. Should there not be a .js at the end?
[Dec 14, 2018, 5:01:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Just to mention, it works fine when the stick is formatted to ext4. But then windows will not work with it.
[Dec 14, 2018, 5:19:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved