Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3490 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
baldyman

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture Editor - Error creating Canvas3D graphics context

On Linux Mint 19

To get SH3D working on Linux I have to use the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script supplied or I get the 3D error -

CONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating Canvas3D graphics context

Using the supplied script fixes this.

I have a similar issue with the Furniture Library Editor. I can run it using -

java -jar ./lib/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.23.jar

It seems to run fine until i attempt to get it to do anything that involves 3D at which point it crashes with -

CONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating Canvas3D graphics context

Complete error message is pasted below.

Is there a similar script available to get the Furniture Editor working because no matter how I fiddle with the java parameters I can't get it past this point.

i.e. I'm way out of my depth now :(

Cheers

Pete

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred WARNING: Illegal reflective access by javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline (file:/home/pete/SweetHome3D-6.0/lib/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.23.jar) to method sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext() WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: J3D-Renderer-1: Error making temp context(1) current: display 0x7fa0001701d0, context 0x7fa000326c08, drawable X11OnscreenGLXDrawable[Realized true, Factory jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXDrawableFactory@30821f03, Handle 0x7a0024e, Surface JAWTWindow[0x5a99e3fe][JVM version: 10.0.1 (10.0.1 update 0) JAWT version: 0x10004, CA_LAYER: false, isLayeredSurface false, bounds [ 0 / 0 128 x 128 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], pixelScale 1.0x1.0, shallUseOffscreenLayer false, isOffscreenLayerSurface false, attachedSurfaceLayer 0x0, windowHandle 0x7a0024e, surfaceHandle 0x7a0024e, bounds [ 0 / 0 128 x 128 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], window [0/0 128x128], pixels[scale 1.0, 1.0 -> 128x128], visible true, lockedExt false, config AWTGraphicsConfiguration[AWTGraphicsScreen[AWTGraphicsDevice[type .awt, connection :0.0, unitID 0, awtDevice X11GraphicsDevice[screen=0], handle 0x0], idx 0], chosen GLCaps[glx vid 0xab, fbc 0x1c2: rgba 8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms 24/0/0, dbl, mono , hw, GLProfile[GL4bc/GL4bc.hw], on-scr[.]], requested GLCaps[rgba 5/5/5/1, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms 24/0/0, dbl, mono , hw, GLProfile[GL4bc/GL4bc.hw], on-scr[.]], X11GraphicsConfig[dev=X11GraphicsDevice[screen=0],vis=0xab], encapsulated X11GLXGraphicsConfiguration[X11GraphicsScreen[X11GraphicsDevice[type .x11, connection :0, unitID 0, handle 0x7fa0001701d0, owner true, JAWTToolkitLock[obj 0x39fb8d2e, isOwner true, <67cdc4e7, 145c8e12>[count 1, qsz 0, owner <J3D-Renderer-1>]]], idx 0], visualID 0xab, fbConfigID 0x1c2, requested GLCaps[rgba 5/5/5/1, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms 24/0/0, dbl, mono , hw, GLProfile[GL4bc/GL4bc.hw], on-scr[.]], chosen GLCaps[glx vid 0xab, fbc 0x1c2: rgba 8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms 24/0/0, dbl, mono , hw, GLProfile[GL4bc/GL4bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]], awtComponent com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.Component3DManager$ObservedCanvas3D[canvas2,0,0,128x128], surfaceLock <2c35b259, 3fe8a765>[count 1, qsz 0, owner <J3D-Renderer-1>]]] at jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXContext.createImpl(X11GLXContext.java:393) at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrentWithinLock(GLContextImpl.java:765) at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:648) at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:586) at javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline.createNewContext(JoglPipeline.java:6411) at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createNewContext(Canvas3D.java:4612) at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createNewContext(Canvas3D.java:2386) at javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(Renderer.java:881) at javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run(J3dThread.java:271) DefaultRenderingErrorListener.errorOccurred: CONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating Canvas3D graphics context graphicsDevice = X11GraphicsDevice[screen=0] canvas = com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.Component3DManager$ObservedCanvas3D[canvas2,0,0,128x128] X11Util.Display: Shutdown (JVM shutdown: true, open (no close attempt): 2/2, reusable (open, marked uncloseable): 0, pending (open in creation order): 2) X11Util: Open X11 Display Connections: 2 X11Util: Open[0]: NamedX11Display[:0, 0x7fa00000a370, refCount 1, unCloseable false] X11Util: Open[1]: NamedX11Display[:0, 0x7fa0001701d0, refCount 1, unCloseable false]

[Nov 6, 2018, 2:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Furniture Editor - Error creating Canvas3D graphics context

At a moment, a developer has to make choices about the number of configurations a program can work with, otherwise releasing a new version ends in an endless (boring) procedure.
This is the case for the Furniture Library Editor, so sorry, you'll have to find a way to make it work from the source code with Java 3D 1.5.2.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 6, 2018, 3:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baldyman

UK

I understand. So, what version of Java DOES it work with? I really don't care as I can probably install it. Am I just left to guess or does someone actually have this information?

Cheers

Pete
[Nov 6, 2018, 3:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can try with Java 8.
[Nov 6, 2018, 3:27:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baldyman

UK

Hi, OK, I'm getting confused with Java Versions now. Mint has

openjdk version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17

SH3D is supplied with jre8, but that reports -

java version "1.8.0_181"

But the script for SH3D says its to make it work with java 1.5.2 which I don't appear to have installed at all.

Neither versions that I have work, and its not just me.

I have to ask, if the application is that picky about the version it wants, why do you not know which version that is?

Cheers

Pete
[Nov 6, 2018, 3:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You mixed Java and Java 3D versions. Sweet Home 3D is delivered with Java 1.8.0_181 and Java 3D 1.6.1 / 1.5.2.

I have to ask, if the application is that picky about the version it wants, why do you not know which version that is?
It's not the application which is picky, it's the graphics drivers! I just try to provide a solution that works on as much as possible computers, but you reached the limit.
[Nov 6, 2018, 4:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baldyman

UK

Fair comment, graphics and java have always been twitchy. I guess what is confusing me is that Sweethome3d works perfectly, while the application designed to complement it doesn't work at all.
[Nov 10, 2018, 3:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I fully agree.

After considerable help I managed to get SH3D running under Ubuntu. Unfortunately the Library and Texture Editor won't run.
I find it difficult to believe that it's a 3D problem, as both programs don't need any 3D capabilities.

It's time getting the program to run, and improving the user interface gets priority over new features.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 11, 2018, 9:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baldyman

UK

To be fair the furniture editor displays the furniture in 3D, so its fair play that it has difficulties in 3D, I just think its a bit pointless distributing the editor when it deosn't work using the same 3D setup as the main program.
[Nov 14, 2018, 4:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

It work BUT:
1. The program (SH3D) work best with it's embedded jre.
2. The editors (FurnitureLibraryEditor, FurnitureLibraryEditorWithID, TexturesLibraryEditor) are made to use the system java and usually don't run as expect.
3. I've follow the way adopted by sweethome3d (a bash scrip for start), copy jre folder from sh3d to a folder with editors and make a modified script for each one where I instruct the program where to find and which jre to use.
That's my way and work (at least for me)
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 19, 2018, 12:57:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved