Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1861 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
avnerm

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Export floor texture into .obj and .mtl files

Hi,

I have a home 3d model with texture on walls.
I can export the 3d model and the textures into .obj and .mtl files and open it seperately with e.g. meshlab and view the textures on the wall - good!
I want to do the same for the floor, i.e. export the floor with the background image into a 3d model.
I can export the floor, but the background image doesn't show up.
The mtl file has only the parameters illum, Ka, Kd, Ks, Ns, Ni, d but there is not texture.

Is it possible to export the floor, with the background image as texture to the floor into .obj and .mtl files?

Thanks,
Avner
[Nov 14, 2018, 9:17:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nemetonia

Re: Export floor texture into .obj and .mtl files

Hi,
Is it possible to export the floor, with the background image as texture to the floor into .obj and .mtl files?
Thanks,
Avner
Hello,

I think no because , floor and background are not objects.
biggrin
[Nov 14, 2018, 11:58:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avnerm

Re: Export floor texture into .obj and .mtl files

I found out that I can export the entire 3d model with the background image into an .obj file and it opens ok with e.g. meshlab

What I want is to export only the floor with the background image.

Option1 that I tried is to place the texture in the background image
If I select the floor for export and the floor is displayed (tick Modify rooms -> Display floor), then in the exported 3d model, the background image is obscured by the floor color
If I select the floor for export and the floor is NOT displayed (untick Modify rooms -> Display floor), then the floor is not exported and the exported 3d model is empty.

Option2 that I tried is to place the texture as the floor texture of the room (Modify rooms -> Floor -> Texture -> Import -> Choose Image ...)
But it is difficult to adjust the size of the texture such that it will cover exactly the floor, even though I specify the exact Width and Height.
It would have been helpful if the floor texture would be seen in the 2d view, because then I would adjust the floor such that the texture fits it exactly.
But the texture is only seen in the 3d View panel :(

Is it possible to show the floor texture in the 2d view as well?

Thanks,
Avner
[Nov 15, 2018, 3:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved