Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5288 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Booker

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem Printing 2D Symbols After Update to Latest Version

I was using an older version of SH3D to create and print a floor plan for relatives so they could decipher the wiring in their old homes. I'm using the 2D electrical symbols library provided by Dorin. After updating to the latest version of SH3D it no longer prints the electrical symbols. All other items in the floor plan print without issue. I can see the symbols in print preview but they don't print out. When I switch to catalog icons instead of top view the electrical symbols can print without issue.

I opened the SH3F furniture library file in the editor and the planIcon files as well as the catolog icon files are PNGs so there's no glaring difference there in file format. I can't think of anything else it could be on my end and I haven't found anyone who's posted about a similar problem.

Dorin's Symbols-electrical.sh3f furniture library version 1.5.5 can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/325/#fdf9

Also, I'm using version 6.0 of SH3D on MacOS Mojave with JAVA 8 Update 191. I'm currently using a workaround by exporting to SVG and printing from Inkscape.

Can someone help me figure this out? Is it a bug in version 6.0 of SH3D or a change to the furniture library format?
[Nov 18, 2018, 11:22:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: Problem Printing 2D Symbols After Update to Latest Version

Hi,
I try to reproduce Your issue but no luck. On my side work normal (debian).
1. You can try to print to PDF and print with other program.
2. Send me one file with problems and I try to find what happen.
Dorin
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 19, 2018, 12:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Booker

Canada

Hi Dorin,

Thanks for replying to the post. I can send you a copy of the file, I'm just not sure how to get it to you. Any suggestions?

Also, if I print to PDF from Sweet Home 3D using MacOS print dialog it also doesn't contain the electrical symbols if done with a Top Down view. I don't see an option within Sweet Home 3D to export as PDF so I think that's what you meant.
[Nov 19, 2018, 5:58:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Booker

Canada

I've done some further testing and running Windows 10 in a virtual machine I was able to print the file with the electrical symbols visible in top down view. When I tried a MacOS Mojave clean install in a virtual machine it could not print the symbols. My best guess is that it's either a MacOS Mojave issue or a SH3D 6.0 MacOS version issue.
[Nov 19, 2018, 9:08:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Booker

Canada

Last Update, I've (sort of) resolved the issue by downgrading to SH3D version 5.7. It can print the 2D electrical symbols. I had to install the legacy JAVA 6.0 for 5.7 so it's kind of a big step back from the 6.0 version. This doesn't appear to be a MacOS Mojave issue. It appears to be a SH3D 6.0 for Mac / JAVA 6.0 for Mac issue. That's as far as I can go on my end. I'm not sure how to go about reporting this particular bug as I'm unsure what exactly changed or isn't functioning correctly. Hopefully this helps anyone else who encounters print issues with certain furniture library files.
[Nov 21, 2018, 7:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you check how it works with Sweet Home 3D 6.0 installer based on Apple Java 6 (like Sweet Home 3D 5.7)?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 22, 2018, 2:24:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Booker

Canada

Hi Puybaret,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was resigned to using 5.7 so hadn't checked the forum until now for updates. I uninstalled Java 8 Update 191 and installed JAVA 6 from apple found here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_CA

I then uninstalled SweetHome3D-6.0-macosx.dmg and installed SweetHome3D-6.0-macosx-10.6.dmg. I can print the electrical symbols library using SH3D 6.0 with JAVA 6 using that version.

Thanks for the help. I guess it is the JAVA version responsible for the print issue?
[Dec 22, 2018, 10:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved