Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3018 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
delaing

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Screened porch - suggestions

I've searched through all of the forum as best I can and have not stumbled onto any discussion about screened porches - how to set it up - combine walls, service hatches, etc. ?? and then how to show the screen material.

Can someone give me a nudge in how to go about this?
What material/texture would I use for the screen panels? Looked through the listing of textures, nothing specific, so I'm presuming this is something that will have to be tricked-out.

Thanks in advance,
Delain
[Dec 7, 2018, 9:30:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Screened porch - suggestions

You guessed right: you'll have to build it yourself.

Seen that your question is very general, this answer must be general as well.
- Try a modular approach, e.g. build 1 meter sections which you repeat. Group the lot together, then scale to exact width. Export & import to save your design for future projects.
- Search for a texture, e.g. "flynetting" or design something similar yourself. Make it into a transparent PNG (or GIF), which you apply to a wall or one side of a very thin cube (maybe make the opposite side invisible).

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 8, 2018, 8:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sic1234

United States
Re: Screened porch - suggestions

Hi, I am fairly new to Sweet Home 3D. I want to add some semi-transparent sunscreen to a deck model I am creating. It seems that the suggestions by hansmex would work, but I don't know enough details about SH3D to do it. Can you perhaps specify more details, or refer me to other resources on how to do this?

It seems I need to create a totally transparent (or invisible) wall, and then add semi-transparent texture to it. So one specific question in this process is: exactly where is the degree of transparency specified and created? To the texture itself? Inside of SH3D, or in something like Powerpoint before importing a PNG to SH3D?

Thanks so much for your help!
Steve
[Oct 28, 2020, 4:45:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved