Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2341 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Darkthuban

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Display and print in 3d - Ubuntu 18.4+NVIDIA GEFORCE 930mx

I use S3d in Ubuntu 18.4+NVIDIA GEFORCE 930mx environment. Tried to use the original NVIDIA drivers and the Nouveau one (which by the way works better than the propriety ones) but cannot print in 3d (the option is not selectable in Print Setup). More over I have notice that in MAC/OS it is also possible to view the upper side in 3d, which is very usefull. Infact in the place were you normally design in 2d format, the library objects like furniture, people, and so on are also viewed in 3d format.
Below some parm:

Sweet 3d version: 6.0
Ubuntu: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Resolution: 1920x1080 pixels
OpenGL Renderer: (Unknown)
Vendor (Unknown)
Renderer (Unknown)
Version (Unknown)
Direct Rendering No

Any hints ? Best
[Dec 12, 2018, 2:11:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Display and print in 3d - Ubuntu 18.4+NVIDIA GEFORCE 930mx

And what about the original NVIDIA drivers? What let you think that they don't work correctly? From your report, the new ones don't seem to work so well...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 12, 2018, 6:36:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Darkthuban

Italy

I made the test with the Nvidia drivers too, uploading the last updated version for the Geforce 930mx, which is the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-410.78.run. Sweet Home 3d was not even able to display correctly the basic functions, leaving portions of the screen totally black. I have also tried with the *390* as suggested by the software updater in Ubuntu, but in that case I had no change at all in the display and print setup.
[Dec 12, 2018, 8:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Darkthuban

Italy

Hello, is there any kind of additional info that I should provide ? Many thanks. Best.
[Dec 14, 2018, 9:14:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved