Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2653 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
thoron

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem with interfering textures

Hello,

I am now working since two weeks with SH3D and I am very pleased about the capabilities.

However, I found a problem which I can't fix. I first build the ground floor of my house, now I am working to get the basement done by using different levels. The main walls for the basement I copied from the ground floor (of course with their texture).

When I now look in 3D view just activating the basment level, some of the walls have the texture they got from the ground floor (which is ok), other walls obviously do have two textures at the same time which leads to an interfering effect. One texture is the texture from the ground floor and the other texture is the overall surounding floor texture defined in "3D- viewer options".
A third variant is the wall has the surrounding texture in the lower part and the right texture in the upper part. Even giving the walls any other texture does not help.

I really have no idea how to fix this. Can it be a bug?

see attached picture for illustration.

[/img]
[Dec 20, 2018, 12:40:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland
Re: Problem with interfering textures

Just noted that the picture does not work. So I tried it again, should work now.

[Dec 21, 2018, 8:32:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

You may want to post the sh3d file to figure this out. However, one possiblility is two overlapping walls. ok
[Dec 21, 2018, 1:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

Hello okh,

thank you for this hint. But this was not the problem. Nevertheless you are right that two overlapping walls do exactly the same effect. I had this before and figured out myself this issue.

In the case here, I checked this, but definitely just one wall.

Unfortunately I can not post the sh3d-file, because I continued to work on this w/o having saved this situation.
Oddly enough that the effect has gone away by continuing the work (see attached picture).
If I see the problem again I will post the sh3d-file.

[Dec 21, 2018, 2:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

So, I am seeing the problem again, please see attached pictures.
The first picture shows that two walls have these interfering effects (one wall is new, the other wall has been copied from another level).
Second picture shows the other two walls, which have no interfering effects (one wall new, the other copied from another level).

One of the walls with interfering has no texture at all, the other got is from the copy action.
I have attached the sh3d-file as requested. Hope somebody can help.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yn7h4xyw8t11f1c...ring_textures_2.sh3d/file
[Dec 21, 2018, 5:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Please, check that your download works...
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 22, 2018, 8:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

Ok, didn't know that I should not use the http button, since just copying the link. Now it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yn7h4xyw8t11f1c...terfering+textures+2.sh3d
[Dec 22, 2018, 1:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

T,

The problem lies in the fact that you don't draw your walls correctly.
Many of your walls end flush against another wall. The correct way is to end a wall at the mid-point of the wall. That way they connect seamlessly and there isn't "spare room" where the other texture can find its way in.

Also, one of your walls is partly drawn double, and floors partly overlap.
Learn to use the command Plan --> Join walls. Very useful!!

I attach a simplified, corrected file.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3n82sxunwnpm93...ing_textures_2b.sh3d/file

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Dec 22, 2018, 2:11:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

Thank you very much Hans, for your help.
You are right, I must admit that I have not fully understood the logic of drawing walls. Especially the joining is very unclear to me. I have raised a question for this in my other topic.

Can you tell me where I find a more detailed explanation of this feature? The german tutorial does not have that.

That should not be an excuse but the midpoint strategy as well appear s to be unconfortable for me. (I know that this has been raised by several user before, but I never found a real good reason for this. Maybe it would be an idea to make this optional: midpoint, outside, inside).
[Dec 22, 2018, 2:47:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

SH3D draws walls from one set of coordinates to the next, eg from 0,0 to 0,100. In reality, this defines a line; the wall is created by adding "thickness" to the line on both sides of it.

So, if you want to connect walls correctly, you should do it on the "line" level (or midpoint, if you prefer that word).

When drawing walls freehand, SH3D will show indicators to align walls at the inside, midpoint or outside.

To learn to use the Join command, just play with it. It's simple enough.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Dec 22, 2018, 3:45:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved