Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3846 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Color match...........

Is it possible, for the next version ,during installation, to have the ability to color match sh3d with sunflow and to our screen colors. No idea how this could work, but it might help to prevent purples turning brown and reds turning orange, etc when rendering.
Just a thought.

Mike
[Jan 4, 2019, 2:41:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Color match...........

If you speak about color calibration on your screen, this is certainly not a task that can or even should do Sweet Home 3D.
If you speak about how colors might look different in the 3D view and in SunFlow, I'm not sure it can be improved. Beside the fact that SunFlow may influence objects color because of light color (a white object under a blue light will be blue in SunFlow and white in the 3D view), the main difference between both rendering engines is that the 3D view also supports an ambiance color for objects (set with Ka line in MTL files). But apart in strange cases where this color would be set with a color that is not grey or equal to the main color, I don't think this is a problem.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 4, 2019, 4:09:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I meant for the screen to be the default, modify sh3d to match, as for the rest of the explanation, well, you lost me. sad Never mind.
Please see latest gallery as pictures, as they say, a picture paints a thousand words, which evidently i cannot. smile
Mike
[Jan 4, 2019, 7:07:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Mike, may be you're referring to the same problem described in the following thread?

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8953

As in the example you posted in that thread, in the images that you posted in the Gallery I only can see that same kind of color difference, not sure that there is another cause for these images. Are you using plain colors or textures?
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Edit 3 times, last edit by hal9000 at Jan 7, 2019, 10:14:19 PM]
[Jan 7, 2019, 10:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Hal
I have tried to use colors on walls and objects many times without getting the result i expected, what i have found that helps a lot is to open "paint" it appears with a plain white sheet, i then change its color, save it as a .png and import it to sh3d as a texture, unfortunately imported a white .png still looks very grey.

Mike
[Jan 10, 2019, 10:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

If I wanna have my white (FFFFFF) whiter, I'm gonna take a less white (F0F0F0) color...
Ok, I know I'm totally crazy - but for me it works like this...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 11, 2019, 2:24:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi UbuntuBirdy
I will try that, thank you for sharing the idea.
MIke
[Jan 11, 2019, 9:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved