Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3099 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
tarpon

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Levels questions

I have 2 questions about using multiple levels.

I have created a base level (main floor) and 3 other levels FrontPorch, Furniture1 and Furniture2 all at the same elevation. When I click on the levels above the main window the base level is visible and I can add items in the other levels.
But when I create a Level4 ( a second floor) all my other levels disappear and I can not use the base level as a guide.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, is it possible to merge levels?

Thanks very much,
Tarpon
[Jan 11, 2019, 3:44:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Levels questions

Hi tarpon
1. Try going to the drop down window "3d view" and select "display all levels".

2 by merge i am going to assume you mean to show all furniture (objects) on 1 level instead of 2 or 3, if that is the case, select 2 or 3 items on the level to move, then right click >select all, you can then either cut and paste to the required level or copy/paste whichever you are comfortable with.
Mike
[Jan 11, 2019, 11:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tarpon

Canada

Hi Mike.
1. I can see that I didn't explain the situation well enough. All levels appear in the 3D window, my Level 4 "Second floor" sits, at what appears to be about 18", above the first floor levels. In the design window I can not see the first floor levels at all when I have Level 4 active and have only been able to position the "2nd floor" by using the positional measurements from the lower levels. "3d view" and select "display all levels".... didn't change the situation :-(

2. By merge I mean to condense multiple levels in to one single level... can that be done?

Any other thoughts? Is the program limited in number of levels per file?

Thanks again for the help,
Tarpon
[Jan 12, 2019, 3:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Lower your "Second floor" until you can see the walls/furniture from the "main floor". Then Position your "Second floor" as you need it. And if all is as it should be, rise your "Second floor" to your desired height.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 12, 2019, 6:36:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tarpon

Canada

UbuntyBirdy,
That solved the problem. Thanks very much.
Tarpon
[Jan 13, 2019, 10:04:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved