Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5088 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Staircase.

Hi
This project has, yet again, started with an idea for a staircase, for no other reason than that i enjoy making them.

Older styling and quite complex, practical and quieter than just wooden treads.

View up the stairs.
The treads, risers, rails and newel posts are a mixture of cylinders, walls, boxes and floors, the spindles came from sketchup, then i modified them with an elongated cylinder, unfortunately the cylinder i selected from the library for the spindles and newels is somehow discolored on its lower half, something i did not notice until rendering. Too late to change now.

View from the kitchen door.
The door is, again, walls, boxes and opaque walls with handles that i have used with several windows and doors.

When i searched for a dsek i could not see exactly what i wanted. Boxes, walls, spheres and floors were used to create one.

Finally, for a novelty. We nan close the roller.

Mike
[Jan 18, 2019, 10:09:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Staircase.

Here is a link to the file.
Just the 1 room to look at though.
Comments, critique and question all welcome.
MIke
[Jan 18, 2019, 11:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
juantonio

Hello,

A little dark but so british !

Nice style.
[Jan 18, 2019, 12:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you juantonio, all the renders are done set at midnight with a 600mm daylight source outside, set to 80%, ceiling lamps are set to 8% and AEB box is checked.
Updated Link

Mike
[Jan 18, 2019, 12:25:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Made a few changes to this staircase... then changed the decor.....then changed the room.
Other than that this is the some room...

Hopefully a welcoming warmth.

Mike

mmmm..... maybe it needs a rug.....
[Jan 21, 2019, 5:23:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Decided against a rug so...
Made up a fitted carpet instead.

Mike
[Jan 21, 2019, 10:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Smart et very realistic, Mike!
[Jan 22, 2019, 7:20:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved