Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4656 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
marcop300

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New at this and LOVE this software.... live in USA (TEXAS)

I am trying to design a SIMPLE 32 x 42 concrete floor plan. with a building that has a 4ft pony brick wall then a 12 Ft Siding to ceiling. Building with 2 x 6's (16 in center) at 16FT tall internal walls (no Sheet rock (just bare wood). I am calling it a MAN CAVE.

Can I work with one of you guys/gals, that do this every day? I will pay for the drawing.. or BETTER YET. I will pay by hr if you teach me your skills. I can open a webex with you and we can agree on a per hr charge.

i have been playing with this software for about 15 hrs+ now. and i just cant get this building square (the X/Y and starting high for my 3 layers are killing me) lol!!!

anyone up for this? let me know if you want to to give you an idea what i am looking for. its really just a INSIDE dimension project of 30 x 40 (bare wood 2x6 empty garage with 1 backroom that is maybe 8'x 8'.

I bet someone with SKILLs in this tool can do this in 2 hrs or less.

let me know Thanks for your time.

i look forward from LEARNING how this tool really works. and importing pics of my brick, siding colors...etc. I have been learning. but it will be faster if I can get a teacher...

tongue cool
[Jan 20, 2019, 4:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: New at this and LOVE this software.... live in USA (TEXAS)

Gut feeling is that best use of your time and money would be to teach yourself how to draw the plan. Making a first sketch (with the help of the guides if need be, and looking at the blog articles) is in itself quite instructive. If you have specific questions, forum members will usually be helpful.

Then, when you start all over again, you will have a pretty good idea of exactly how you want your design, be in full control and able to make it quite quickly.

Good luck.
[Jan 21, 2019, 9:13:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

Thank you. I do have a Draft...you are right. maybe I should just start with x/y one line and see how to mod if and then see where it places it onto he screen.etc If there a good site anyone uses to upload designs? that also would be a good learning lesson to see the details

Thanks okh
[Jan 21, 2019, 12:40:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

there are many sites to upload files and pictures i use

mediafire.com
----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Jan 21, 2019, 3:18:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

Thank you. now i have my building design done (draft).. now I just need to find a pic of 2x6's not sheetrock (i just want to show the internal walls as wood.. for the "man cave" that i want built. I am just making a 3d model of what I want. So that I can show others. also use it to come up with idea on where I want a work bench, car lift, bathroom...etc. This tool is great. Also you guys are helpful. thanks..

here it is so far... not bad for "RTFM" :O)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lh5mue6ok1bi7hy/brickmancave32x42.sh3d/file
[Jan 21, 2019, 4:15:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

i have added some wood texture on your walls fixt the sealing lol its 487 cm high
and made a car-lift from walls and boxes in three parts 1=controls so you can change or ad a other one
2 lift pillars and 3 the lift part so u can set it to any elevation
added a workbench and gave u a Chevrolet

brickmancave32x42
----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Jan 21, 2019, 7:16:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

I just got home from work. YOU ARE SOOOO F&*(&^ Awesome!!! I mean WOW!! THANK YOU 1000000 TIMES!!

that was soooooooooo nice of you. Very cool!!!! I am learning something ever hr i am on this tool. I can see why I spend 20-40 hrs on this (just on a small BOX or a garage).. ha ha

had to do some USA math... cm - ft.. ha ha ha. yes the walls will be 16 Ft all. This garage will park an RV (if I ever sale the house in 15+ years or more). I can only make an ext garage in my backyard 1200 sq/ft from inside wall to inside all..

Now I am doing the math of

Outside= Brick, 1/2 ply wood, vapor wrap, then a 2x6 studs. then 1/2 in Sheetrock. that is why I had the walls so thick. now I have to make the concrete smaller.

The wood looks great in the garage, thank you. but what I was looking for is

2x6 Boards that "Kind of show" 16 in on center. but for a 3d drawing, it can just show very long 2x6 or 2x4 boards.. to give the people that will bid on what I want to install.

when the garage is built. I will do insulation, electricity and sheet rock. As you can tell I am a DIYer. That is why I am going and learning how to draw in 3D.

My next project will be a small Deer blind... again, I love this tool.

thank you FDpaffie and okh for telling me to 'suck it up and learn it yourself" j/k for helping out.

now off to google and see how to make a Wall texture of a long 2x6.

I am do going to use that car lift you make. that is really cool.

Mine will be a 4 post, but they will get the idea.

THANK YOU AGAIN...

Let me leave you with a VERY VERY Cool website / tool a friend told me about. it is called.

https://beacon.hover.to I took 8 pic of my house… then in 24 hrs.. it made a FULL and I MEAN FULL 3D drawing of my house. It is used to measure and to show people how they change the color..etc of homes. Now that is ONE VERY Cool site. I did it on a trail ver. I will post a real pic of my house... and then what it did… cray how Technology is getting these days.
[Jan 22, 2019, 2:06:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

here is the real pics.. and then a few sides of 3d that it made.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9u12ajwpw2jouz1/before_after_3d.rar

again, crazy machine learning software someone invented. Does measurements and even give you a 3 x 3d file outputs for like Autocad, Sketchup. all software I FORSURE Don't know how to use.
[Jan 22, 2019, 2:13:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

OOPS!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU DID MAKE A 4 POST LIFT.. :O) OOPS CAPS lock. Thanks
[Jan 22, 2019, 2:15:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

found my 2x6 's

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/10eec7...beb9f9c0479970b/stud-wall
[Jan 22, 2019, 3:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved