Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
Posts: 25   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4655 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New at this and LOVE this software.... live in USA (TEXAS)

ok back again ,u cot quiet a few plans and i hope u can realize them and i look forward to see pictures from it in the Gallery section soon

when i got more time perhaps in the weekend i go take a look at beacon, i have to grate a account there

made a few changes or updates to the plan
added a room ,untag the "Sealing fake Cube" so u can move ad or remove furniture
added a roof and some Plywood and Sheetrock and the 2x8+by+8+foot+stud+wall
and a directory with som plywood/chip-wood textures
the fences and kitchen furniture, roof are home made creations

brickmancave32x42
----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Jan 22, 2019, 6:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States
applause Re: New at this and LOVE this software.... live in USA (TEXAS)

I can't THANK you soooooooooooooooooo MUCH that you are giving me a great file. Then I spend 4-5 Hrs learning how you did the angles and textures.javascript:smilie('laughing') I am learning a lot from what you all do on a day/day basis. Are you a architect or something? Do you do this for a living? or just fun? I am in the tech field. I don't do CAD/3D or like what you do. I just really "googled" online one day found a tool. now have 50+ hrs on just learning this. I SURE now have A LOT of respect for when I see a 3d CAD drawing..etc. Me spending this many hrs on a square box with 1 room is crazy.javascript:smilie('laughing') I can just image how many hrs you all spend on drawing and making multi room designs. javascript:smilie('cool')
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/mvnplugin/...ages/emotion/applause.gif

i just now saw that you had a roof on there and now I will spend a lot more time reading and learning how you did that.

your design is cool how you made that room and walls MUCH better that what i had. I am really just playing with this CAD tool so that WHEN/IF I can find the money to build something like this in my backyard. I then can show a contractor what I want. I also can give my self an idea on how I want to lay out every thing. this is REALLY Helpful for that.

Well, I have to get ready for work now. I get up at 5am CST.. draw a little with my coffee in hand.. ha ha.. then I goto work from 8AM -6PM.. eat spend time with family.. then Draw more.... then on weekends.. is when I can really spend HRs and HRs on this.

again, thank you for this. i will send you what I did with mine and how I just edit yours.

THANKS AGAIN. I will have LOT of fun this weekend. IF i don't go hunting.

also, these PIC i am using for cars..etc are NOT real. its me googling for DAE files and leaning. also DREAMING if I was millionaire.
[Jan 24, 2019, 12:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7j991g5d566du5v/MANCAVE3D.rar
[Jan 24, 2019, 12:52:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

also just learned you can copy paste from one drawing to another... ha ha ... again. I am NOT a 3D'er ha ha ha..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6tnjq78c0t2ovtz...y_paste_kmancave32x42.rar
[Jan 24, 2019, 1:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

This Man-cave I am wanting to build is me an my hobbies. storing all my JUNK (so i can really use our home garage to put our cars). I do hunting, fishing, gun reloading, wood work projects, fixing ANYTHING with a power cord/battery or Engine. i also am learning how to weld. . If i can't fix it.. i will google/you tube it. I just love to stay busy doing stuff even if that is LEARNING 3D software or anything I have not done before.

ok, I have to goto work. this site and software is addicting
[Jan 24, 2019, 1:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

just having fun with the program for now its a hobby and getting experience

I made a engine lift and a oil drum , A roof stud+wall
Except for the hook on the engine lift everything home made with Sh3d
u can find the similar models on 3Dwarehouse

If u want to ad a piece of furniture to your library, just click on it example ( engine lift ) open 3D view pulldown menu and select export to OBJ format
Create a new folder named ( engine lift ) , name and save the ( engine lift.OBJ ) file
In the pulldown menu Furniture select import furniture, Choose model, go to your saved ( engine lift.OBJ ) file.
in the import wizard u can tag Add to catalog, if u have don that select a category, select one or type a name ( Tools & Devices )

more colors or textures can bi Changed by selecting a pice of furniture in 2d window right click on it ,select modify furniture ( Ctrl+E ) or click twice,
Click on Materials: modify in the window that pops up .. u can modify colors or textures and on the left side zoom//rotate the obj

sentver10brickmancave32x42.rar
[Jan 25, 2019, 4:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

When I do this... from 3dwarehouse (aka Sketchup pro) and i find like a 3D model of a truck... GMC Truck 3500. then i download the file, open it up in SketchUp pro 2018 "Trial ver" then i export it to a 3d Obj file. then i go into sh3d and import it.

Why does some of these images are missing like the Door, left or right fender, hood or even the inside of a tail gate on a truck?

But befor i export the file, it image looks good inside the SketchUp app?
[Jan 26, 2019, 1:26:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

here is the truck i used. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ub5eb9...5/2010-GMC-Sierra-3500-HD
[Jan 26, 2019, 1:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

i also see that there are options when i export a file...

1. Triangulate all Faces
2. Export 2-sides Faces
3. Export Edges

4. Export Textures maps

5. Swap YZ coordinates (Y is up)

by default it only has

1 4 and 5
[Jan 26, 2019, 1:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

I only use sweethome3D no other program

on 3dwarehouse Download the model as Collada file
make a new directory on your pc ( 2010 GMC Sierra 3500 HD ) extract everything , its making a directory model with all the textures and in the root u see model.dae , import that file ( model.dae ) directly in SH3D

also made a 2x8+by+8+foot+stud+wall+door with a door opening

sentver10brickmancave32x42-2 with your car
[Jan 26, 2019, 2:30:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 25   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved