Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13320 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: "What If" New Home, Old Lot

I apologize for not responding on this thread in so long, but as you know I’ve been working on recreating several other homes posted on other threads that were lost when my old computer died horribly last year. Anyway...

I did get a quick look at your version Mike and found it quite intriguing. I’ll take another look at it soon to give a better opinion on it.

Also I have been working on an update on the 2-story version, and hopefully will have some pictures of it soon.

As for the 1-story version, I haven’t gone back to it recently but once I’m done with posting the 2-story one I’ll take a look at it. I hope that sentence wasn’t as confusing to you as it sounds to me, but then it’s nearly 3:30 am here, and I need some sleep. Good night.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 6, 2019, 11:26:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's what I've got for the 2-story version.

Front Aerial

Front Virtual Visitor, from the street. I was enlarged the front porch and the pergola over it, added a bit of railing to one side. I've been thinking on what to do to decorate the front porch but haven't come up with anything. I also added a flower bed on the one side.

Great Room, from near the front door. As you can see I was able to find stairs that work that can't be seen under. They're narrower than the ones I'd had before but that means there's more room in the Office (which I also changed some). I also took a small amount out of the Shed/Utility Room, which gave me a little more room in the Dining area. I also added a rug.

Great Room, from in front of the stairs. I changed the hanging lamp, added a second rounded side table near the side doors (and decorated it). I also changed the textures used on most of the furnishings.

Kitchen. Made the cabinet above the refrigerator about even with the pantry, and added hopefully matching cornice over the pantry. Otherwise it's the same.

Office. I felt bad for having that unused space under the stairs so I made it into a shelved closet, which meant that I had to rearrange the furnishings in this room.

I didn't make any changes to the Sewing Room, Garage, and Laundry Room so I don't need to share pictures of those rooms. So, on to the top floor.

Landing, from near the stairs.

Landing, from the hallway. Changed the desk and some of the textures used.

Bedroom for my roommates' oldest son, from next to the door. I think that I'd had this one as the youngest's bedroom before, but since it's the larger of the two rooms I switched them. I took out one of the closets for the bookcases with the glass doors. Rearranged the furnishings, changed their textures, and put up the starry night wallpaper.

Master Bedroom (my roommates' bedroom), from near the door to the hallway. The only changes were the wall paint (I think it might be still too bright) and the bed sheets.

I didn't make any changes to the Walk-In Closet so I don't need to share a picture of it.

Master en suite Bathroom, from in front of the door. I also only changed the textures.

Bedroom for my roommates' youngest son. Similar to the oldest's room, I took out one closet for the enclosed bookcase and changed the textures.

Main Bathroom, taken near the door. The only change was the texture on the vanity and the cabinets facing it.

My bedroom, from the corner opposite the door. I figured that I didn't need a full size bed (it's just me, and I've always slept on a twin), so I changed that out for a twin and single side table, rearranged the furnishings, like the other two bedrooms took out one of the closets for the enclosed bookcase, added a bookshelf near the desk, and changed some of the textures.

Attic, from the back wall (or the wall facing the backyard). I turned the wood floor 90 degrees and enlarged it.

Back Aerial, two views. As you can see I expanded one of the corners of paved areas so that I could put in a table set, and I've also added a barbecue and cabinet. Oh, and that's a gardening shed in the back corner.

Back Virtual Visitor, three different angles.

Shed/Utility Room.

Main floor floor plan.

Top floor floor plan.

Attic floor plan.

And after creating these, my roommates' youngest son made a suggestion; why not give myself my own bathroom and he and his brother would share one. So, it looks like I might have an alternate version of this one...

[Sep 7, 2019, 5:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Ok, I saved it as another file, made a few minor changes to accommodate my roommates' youngest son's suggestion, and got some pictures of the changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6v0z1p5b8i3dwbz/F6SE-A2a.sh3d/file

The two new bathrooms, created by removing the Water Closet and cutting the original Main Bathroom in half. I also moved the Main Bathroom door in order to have the three main furnishings fit. In the new en suite bathroom I put everything in as a mirror to the new main bathroom using different textures; the door to my bedroom is over the Virtual Visitor's left shoulder.

I think I might have the lights over the vanities a little too bright... I did do these changes quickly and late last night; I'm sure there's bound to be some small modifications that need to be done...

My Bedroom. I removed the enclosed bookcase, moved the closet to fit a linen closet in the hallway, and put in a door to the new en suite bathroom.

Aerial view of the side of the house where the changes were made. I kept the same number of windows but moved the one that had been in the Main Bathroom into My Bedroom near the new en suite bathroom door. I don't know if I want to keep it there or remove it entirely as it seems like it might be a bit too much in there.

Overhead screenshot of the top floor floor plan changes.

These are the only changes made from the original file. I don't know if I like these changes since both new bathrooms are pretty small (although my current bathroom is smaller) but I guess it could work. I guess I'm pretty much done with this house for now, and I think I might look into what I could do to the 1-story version.

[Sep 8, 2019, 6:56:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I started looking at what I could do to update the 1-story version, but somewhere along the way I accidentally made another floor at the same level as Level 0 and didn't realize it. When I did realize it, I couldn't just delete the new floor since some of my changes were there, and for some reason when I tried to copy/paste those changes I ended up with duplicates (ie. walls, furnishings, etc.). I realized that I just needed to step back, re-download the last file shared here, and start over... which I haven't started in on just yet.

[Sep 9, 2019, 7:52:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Previously mentioned problem with the 1-story version fixed, and pictures have been taken.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s7ds6nlyb8xrma0/F6SE-3.sh3d/file

Outside of the house, all sides, both Aerial and Virtual Visitor views. Yes, it's yellow (roommates' youngest son was in the room and he wanted it that color - his favorite); I might change it to the blue that's on the 2-story version later. Personally, I think the yellow stucco is a bit cartoonish; it's not as bright a yellow as say the mustard most would find on a hot dog in the US... but it's still not a color I would have chosen.

Aerial Birdseye view.

On these pictures you can see that I added the gardening shed to the back corner, the walkway around the side of the house, barbecue, china cabinet and table set, just like I did to the 2-story version, as well as some much needed lights. I've also added some plants, as well as a sidewalk, to the front of the house.

Great Room, two different angles. Changed the windows, entertainment center, moved a few things a little bit, changed the textures used on a few things, that's about it for the changes here. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

If anybody wants a closer picture of the kitchen I'll take that then but I don't have a closer view of it at present.

I noticed that the triple windows had rendered strangely and I don't know what I could do to fix them (probably need to adjust the textures that I used); you'll notice that in all the rooms that have the triple windows.

My Bedroom. Only minor changes here; changed the windows, added the computer, moved and altered the size of the sewing machine, moved the cutting mat (the strange looking "rug" on the floor), altered the size of the lamp on the nightstand, darkened the walls, and altered the height of the built-in cabinet. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Roommates' Youngest Son's Bedroom. I changed the windows, added the lamp on the nightstand as well as the computer on the desk, and changed a couple of the textures. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Roommates' Oldest Son's Bedroom. I took out that tiny angled wall from the one corner, changed the wallpaper and windows, and added the lamp on the nightstand as well as the computer on the desk. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Main Bathroom. I changed out the shower and shower curtain for a mirrored shower stall (when I downloaded it from 3D Warehouse I didn't realize that it would render mirrored, but I kind of like it like this), and I changed the wall color as well as the floor tiles. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Roommates' Bedroom (or Master Bedroom, however you wish to call it). I took out that tiny angled wall from the one corner (the same one as mentioned for Roommates' Oldest Son's Room), changed the wall color and windows, and added the computer. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

I didn't take a picture of the Walk-In Closet.

Master Bathroom. Changed the wall color, shower and window. I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Garage. As I had done before I made the vehicle invisible in order to take these pictures. I don't remember if I had any windows in here, but if I did I also changed them and added a third one, took out one of the sets of shelves and moved the other two, straightened out the bicycles, and moved the electric breaker panel and electric meter. I believe that's all the changes I made here. Oh, and I changed the texture of the roofing in here.

Attic. I changed the roofing, just like in the Garage.

[Sep 12, 2019, 9:50:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

And I clicked the "Reply to the post" button before I included the screenshots of the floors.

It seems that that's my cue to get some sleep.

[Sep 12, 2019, 9:52:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved