Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4520 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
RobertMason

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems getting latest version

I am running Linux Ubuntu 64bit version 18.04.1

When I launch Sweet Home 3D via my desktop icon it launches version 5.7, but with a message that a newer version is available.

I have DL'd and unpacked SweetHome3D-6.0 from Sourceforge but I can't see an installer file or any way to get the existing package to update. sudo apt-get install pointed at the unpacked archive returns 0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 15 not to upgrade.

Can you give me an idiot's guide as to how to do this, please?
[Jan 23, 2019, 3:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Problems getting latest version

From the "Download-Page":

Uncompress the downloaded file and run SweetHome3D application found in the uncompressed directory, possibly using this tip to launch it with a double click under Ubuntu. To install Sweet Home 3D, move the uncompressed directory in the one of your choice or read this article to create a launcher.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 23, 2019, 3:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved