Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1319 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
avnerm

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to create 3d model for a house with 2 levels, and have the architectural plans for each level as a floor to that level

Hi,

I am using SweetHome3D-6.0 to build a 3d model, of a house with 2 levels, with architectural plans for each level.

I create the first level like so:
- Add the architecture plan for the first level as background image (Plan -> Modify background image),
- Create rooms and walls on top of the background image
- Display the background image (Plan -> Modify rooms -> Display floor)
- Export to 3d model (3D View -> Export to OBJ object)
The result is a level1.obj file, which I can open with e.g. meshlab with the architecture plan displayed - good!

I create the second level by repeating the steps, but replacing the first level architecture plan, with the second level architecture plan
If I export all levels into allLevels.obj file, meshlab shows the 2 levels with the first level architecture plan, as background image.
If I export level2 into level2.obj file, meshlab shows the level2 without any architecture plan, as background image.

How can I create allLevels2.obj, so that the second level architecture plan, serves as background image for the second level?

Thanks,
Avner

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq1weeieqi5kdo1/level1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlwkqh7m0c8atj8/level2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtpbunel1x28s0c/allLevels.jpg?dl=0
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 24, 2019, 12:37:39 PM]
[Jan 24, 2019, 7:13:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to create 3d model for a house with 2 levels, and have the architectural plans for each level as a floor to that level

You can import a plan for every level...
So, just import the same background image twice.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 24, 2019, 10:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved