Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3809 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
thoron

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Textures disappears

Not sure whether here the right place to post a problem I have with the textures of walls.

One room in the project loses the wall textures from time to time w/o having touched this room in any way. The texture disappears in the 3D-view (see picture), but clicking on the wall shows that the texture is still there according to the dialog box (see picture). I found out after a certain time, that just closing SW3D and opening the file again makes the texture visible again. Any idea what could be the root cause?

[Jan 26, 2019, 5:00:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Textures disappears

Wouldn't have you draw two walls at the same place? Just right click on the wall, and check what appears in the Select object menu.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2019, 5:20:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

Thanks for this hint. I checked it the way you described, but the walls of the room are just once. No double walls.
[Jan 26, 2019, 7:16:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

any further ideas for this issue?
[Feb 4, 2019, 7:31:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you want, send me your file and I'll have a look.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 4, 2019, 8:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thoron

Deutschland

Hello Hansmex,

many thanks for your friendly offer. The point is that my model actually has 42 MB, which appears too big to send by mail.
I will have a look, whether an earlier (and smaller version) has as well that failure. Then I will come back to you.
[Feb 5, 2019, 4:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mukat

Hello thoron,

I can't answer your question about a root cause, but I also get this from time to time. It appears to be sporadic and related to the 3D view. I did once render an image from a model while some of the walls were missing textures, and the textures did show up in the render.

I'm on Windows 8.1 (64 bit), using Intel HD Graphics 4000.
[Mar 19, 2019, 10:42:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Do you have more than one version of Enkonyito's plugin installed or present in the living folder, even if the older version has been renamed?

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 20, 2019, 12:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mukat

Hello hansmex,

I don't know if you're replying to me or thoron, but I have two of Enkonyito's plugins in SH3D's plugins folder (under AppData). No problems for me so far.
[Mar 20, 2019, 4:21:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved