Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8141 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
svedel77

+45 Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
PhotoVideoRendering-1.6 installation in Linux

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux. I'm running Linux Mint. After installing SH3D via Synaptic, I can't find the plugins folder, to copy plugins to.
What am I missing?
[Jan 27, 2019, 11:46:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: PhotoVideoRendering-1.6 installation in Linux

I guess that Mint handles the same as Ubuntu (especially if you have the Ubuntu-based version). Then in your home directory there is a hidden folder called ".eteks". In this folder you will find another called "sweethome3d" and in it you will find the directory you are looking for: "plugins".
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 27, 2019, 1:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Hi,
I've been looking, and turned on "Show hidden files". No .eteks folder though.
[Jan 27, 2019, 1:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If the folder "plugins" doesn't exist, create it yourself in ./eteks/sweethome3d.
Then copy your plugins into that folder.
When you start SH3D it will load the plugins it finds in that folder.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 27, 2019, 2:27:34 PM]
[Jan 27, 2019, 2:24:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Thank you, that did the trick. But now SH3D tells me, that the plugin is not compatible with this version of SH3D. I went on, and downloaded the 32 bit version instead. But... Running the terminal script, in the SH3D folder does nothing. A terminal window flashes, and closes. No more.
What can I do?
[Jan 27, 2019, 3:34:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

OK, i now have the right x64 bit version. I can click the "PhotoVideoRendering" meny item in SH3D, but nothing happens, when I click it.
[Jan 27, 2019, 3:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

From the top menu choose Photo-video rendering -> Simple photo rendering (v1.6) and a pop-up window appears that's slightly different from the "normal" rendering window.
Check your settings, and GO. (Normally that should work)
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 27, 2019, 4:29:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

From the top menu choose Photo-video rendering -> Simple photo rendering (v1.6) and a pop-up window appears that's slightly different from the "normal" rendering window.
Check your settings, and GO. (Normally that should work)

Oh yes, I understand. But when I click the "photo video rendering" menu-item, the window doesn't pop up. Nothing happens.
[Jan 27, 2019, 4:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Now I have made an Ubuntu USB stick, instead of Linux Mint. Exact same thing. Clicking the Video rendering menu-item, then nothing happens, at all.
[Jan 31, 2019, 1:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Run Sweet Home 3D from a Terminal window. If the plug-in is incompatible some way, an error should appear in the Terminal window when you select one of its menu items.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 31, 2019, 1:41:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved