Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2677 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
ottertooth

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
What happened to the floor?

House with 4 levels (incl basement). I have drawn the upper apartment (the 3rd floor) with all the walls and features, including the stairs that go down to the 2nd floor. I created a level below the upper apartment. The stairs end up there and are viewable in the 3D pane. So far so good. But when I drew some walls on the 2nd floor, in the stairs landing area, the floor/ceiling between the 3rd floor and the 2nd floor disappeared. How do you put the floor back in? Adjusting the height of the walls doesn't solve the problem.
[Feb 5, 2019, 7:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: What happened to the floor?

Impossible to help you if you don't share your design...

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 6, 2019, 10:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

Why? Most threads here don't have pictures. What do you need exactly? The file?
[Feb 7, 2019, 7:28:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

An image is often more meaningful than some words.
Anyway... I think that selecting the 3D view > Display all levels menu item might help in your case.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 7, 2019, 10:16:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

In '3D View' in Menu it already has the "Display all levels" checked.

There should be a floor, so I shouldn't be able to see the bottom of the stairs. I shouldn't be able to see the doorway, because it is below the floor. I looked in one of the demos. You have a 3-storey house demo. There are floors in it. You can't see through them. But when I started adding walls to the 2nd floor in mine, the floor/ceiling disappeared.
[Feb 8, 2019, 8:51:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

And have you added floors too?
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Feb 8, 2019, 9:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

No, I don't know how. That's my question. What else do I need to say, I've even posted a picture that shows the problem... Floors appeared automatically as I was drawing the top apartment. When I started drawing the 2nd storey apartment, the floor that was already there, disappeared. I don't see any option for adding floors and am not seeing anything about creating floors in 'help'. I just see how to adjust floor thickness. But I can't do that when there's no floor to begin with.
[Feb 8, 2019, 11:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

This thread will give you some advice to share your picture. About your floor, are you sure you create a room before?
[Feb 8, 2019, 11:34:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

This thread will give you some advice to share your picture. About your floor, are you sure you create a room before?

Thank you, but that is exactly what I did to post the image. For some reason the thumbnail indicates a dead link. But it isn't dead. You have to click 'copy image' and paste it into a new tab.

No, I didn't create any rooms. I simply drew the walls and added 'furniture' afterwards.
[Feb 8, 2019, 11:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, we now have found your problem. And HERE is your solution.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Feb 8, 2019, 11:48:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved