Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19761 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Minimalist 2-bed flat

Thanks Hansmex. Very interesting. I guess this is not an option for us who live in tropical countries where the average ambient room temperature is around 30C.
[Feb 20, 2019, 12:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bartosz

Poland

@All - thank you, I'm pleased.

@rontant - Obviously it's not just any fridge put in any cabinet. Both the fridge and the cabinet are sold as one specially designed system. The fridge's door is attached to cabinet's door so they open as one piece. And the cabinet itself is designed to dissipate heat. If you take closer look - there is a vent grill at the bottom of the cabinet. It sucks in the air, the cabinet has no back side and all the shelves have cutouts to enable gravitational airflow. The top of the cabinet doesn't reach to the very ceiling, there is a gap for a reason - there's the way for heated air to come out from the system. Maybe the energy consuption would be a bit higher but this system should work even at 30C.

I never said that it takes a week to render one picture, on my usual settings it takes 45-50 minutes.
In the following case I wanted to recreate the photo I posted above, so i used GI:Path with just 1 bounce. It took 9 hours and 30 minutes to render - that's what I ment by saying "a week or so".

My computer specs? - Don't even ask :) For the last 8 years I've felt like it never gets old, it was good enough to browse Internet and play tanks, but since I've started rendering pictures I realized it really needs an upgrade, maybe for something like UbuntuBirdy announces :) Definitely Ryzen and insane amount of RAM... Display card doesn't matter here - it's a pity as mine is quite powerful even as for todays's standards

@EnkoNyito - thank you, I believe it's your light sources that made it possible, the're really game changer

And finally a picture - it looks that using GI:Path changes a bit the colour of the kitchen cabinets fronts to darker. Probably because they consist of two layers of material - external gloss coat made of "glass" and internal being an actual color. I made them in Blender this way to get rid of that horrible glittering reflections caused by silk shininess shader. And yes - I tweaked badly the brightness and light temperature :/

[Feb 22, 2019, 10:04:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi @Bartosz,
I really love this project, I would like to tell that the renderings are very realistic, me too want to be able to create such ones, but even if I try hard there is always something that goes wrong.

Cheers,
Adele
[Feb 27, 2019, 7:28:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bartosz

Poland

Testing new renderer V1.7 which I installed last night. At the first glance I noticed much less noise in the light/shade transitions and less glittering reflections on glossy surfaces. Hell yes. I like it. I'm dee-LIGHT-ed!

Settings as usual, all the same:
GI: default
AA: 2/3
SS: silk
SA: bucket
Filter: Mitchell

DOF used occasionally

[May 5, 2019, 8:22:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Like the way you have used the viewer angles and height to show these images, i happen to think the first group of images were better, these appear to be slightly fuzzy, tho that may be my old eyes.
[May 6, 2019, 9:48:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

... and slightly sexist angry
[May 6, 2019, 10:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Interesting renderings…

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 23, 2019, 5:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmsea_1

good job!!!!
[Jun 4, 2019, 7:30:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved