Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19764 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Minimalist 2-bed flat

Very nice project and renders, how closely does it resemble your own apartment?

Mike
[Feb 16, 2019, 12:27:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bartosz

Poland

@All Thank you for your interest and comments. I owe you some answers.

@rontant The fridge is built in the tall cabinet on the left hand side. And I'm pretty sure you walked on such tiles many times without even realizing it wasn't wood. They're commonly used in shops, restaurants and other public buildings:)

@bdfd I take your skepticism as compliment. You can't see highlights and sharp shadows as in the discussed case the sun light doesn't even reach the window still - it's due to the balcony ceiling and very high position of the sun in the sky. I place numerous sources of light of low intensity to create a kind of soft ambient, diffused light. It's like mimicking light ray bounced 5 times as it would be done with use of GI:Path. I don't use that as it takes about a week or so for my computer to render such quality picture with use of Path tracing :) So instead I put more lights to get kinda similar result at the first glance, but rendering time with GI:default usually do not exceed 45-50 minutes on resolution 1600x1000. the picture says more than 1000 words, so please check this out, hope this will dispel your doubts.
The strongest light source is dayligt panel set for 13% placed outside the window. It does make objects to cast fuzzy shadows which then are like cancelled out by numerous other light sources of low intensity.

Balcony

Here you can see all the light sources involved in the scene, examples with and without. And yes - done with SH3D alone

To take a shot with the sunlight in the room it requires the fake scenery to be removed as it cast shadow and blocks the sunlight unless the sun is way up in the sky

@Mike53 - judge for yourself. Photo taken this morning. Still a lot of work to do, my carpenter keeps deceiving me :)

Bart
[Feb 16, 2019, 12:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Bart,

Your techincal return is welcome and will help another users.

The two last pictures are amazing, bravo ! applause
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 16, 2019, 12:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

These extremely nice renderings are among the best I have seen on this forum!

I'm not sure than sh3d produced these rendering alone…
You'd be surprised what this program is able to produce in the hands of a qualified user.

Xiste
[Feb 16, 2019, 6:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Bartosz
Beautiful natural rendering!
EnkoNyito
[Feb 17, 2019, 9:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

Those are wonderful! I can't understand if the last one is a render or a real picture... A-MA-ZING!
[Feb 18, 2019, 8:16:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Those are wonderful! I can't understand if the last one is a render or a real picture... A-MA-ZING!
@ndorigatti,

He said himself, it's a PHOTO ! laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 18, 2019, 10:21:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

@ndorigatti,

He said himself, it's a PHOTO ! laughing

Yes, I got it, but a couple of rendering posted above are really close to the photo, so it's difficult to get you if don't read and just look at the pictures!!!
[Feb 18, 2019, 1:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

@rontant The fridge is built in the tall cabinet on the left hand side.

Bart

Putting the fridge inside the cabinet looks neat but please pardon my ignorance... does it mean you have to open the cabinet door and then the fridge door everytime you want to put or retrieve items into/from the fridge? I mentioned this idea once to a fridge salesman but was frowned upon. He said putting a fridge in a cabinet without adequate air ventilation will cause too much heat built-up.

Again, the renderings are superb. You mentioned they took one week to render. May I know the specs of your computer?
[Feb 20, 2019, 12:00:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

This is how it's done in most of Europe:
built-in fridge
built-in dishwasher
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 20, 2019, 9:13:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved