Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4440 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Toddsull

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can Sweethome 3D be modified for an online CAD application for a tech startup?

It's a pretty general question, but I'm involved in a startup that is looking at existing CAD platforms as well as designing/building our own CAD system.
The startup is customhomes.house.
We provide a library of prepriced house plans and require an online CAD system (very simple) that our users can utilize to move interior walls, windows, cabinets, etc.
As it's for the general public, the system needs to be very simple. Exterior walls and staircases must be locked and the ability to move items must have collision and sticky attributes along with auto dimensioning.
The final design must then be saved online and imported into a REVIT file to create an "addendum" to the original house plan.
I sure appreciate help and direction.
Thanks,
Todd S.
[Feb 21, 2019, 7:12:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Can Sweethome 3D be modified for an online CAD application for a tech startup?

The Online version of Sweet Home 3D requires the Java plugin to work within a browser, and only Internet Explorer still supports plugins. Therefore I wouldn’t recommend to create a derived version of Sweet Home 3D Online at the moment.
I started to program another version in HTML5 / JavaScript / WebGL, but only a 3D Viewer appeared at the moment and I have no idea when a full editor will be available.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 23, 2019, 8:55:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved