Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2434 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
TinkyWinky

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lighting problem with sloped ground

I experience a problem with the sun light which I do not quite understand, maybe somebody here can help:

Very very slight sloped grounds reflect too few sun light when comparing to flat grounds.

In this image:

there is a very very dark grass patch at the far end to the right at the hedge. This is much darker than expected. The slope has an angle of 1.77° and goes down to the right. To compare a non-sloped flat ground, see the rectangular strip which extends from the resting young people to the hedge. To the left of this strip, we have a similar slope into the other direction. The photo was rendered at 13:30h in summer.

I was expecting the amount of reflected light to depend on the scalar product of surface normal vector and light direction, but what I see here is odd. What's happening here? Why affects a slight variance the object's brightness so much? It's not a texture problem, solid green color (matt surface) shows the same strange result.
[Mar 1, 2019, 10:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved