Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 48730 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
KItchen cabinets without the latest wizardry.

Hi, just a few images of some kitchen cabinets i have been playing with.

Each consists of a cabinet grouped with doors/drawers who's visibility can be changed.

From this :-

To this :-

( just noticed, i did forget to make the door and handle invisible on the pull out larder)
Finally, a view from the right, of the pull out larder, showing that the 2 baskets can be tilted down and/or removed for ease of filling.

I have no idea how to make them "opening" so this is my alternative. If they can be of use to anyone let me know and i will share the finished file. Don't expect perfection, they just look ok.

Mike
[Mar 2, 2019, 5:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: KItchen cabinets without the latest wizardry.

Nice models Mike smile
If you share them, I could update the 3D models to make them opening. This could help you to understand how to design such models.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 2, 2019, 9:25:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Nice models Mike smile

AMEN

An optically fitting fridge / freezer would be cool.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 2, 2019, 10:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you both for the comments, not sure about me modifying them in future, but you never know. Here is a link to the sh3d file, if you can figure something out then great, if not don't worry. Each door and drawer does have an element called hinge, no idea if that will help or hinder.

UbuntuBirdy if you have any imagination m8, there is a fridge freezer in the large cabinet wink
[Mar 2, 2019, 10:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

UbuntuBirdy if you have any imagination m8, there is a fridge freezer in the large cabinet wink

Ah, ok, I can imagine where it is. My favorite fridge freezers are the full height ones. So I was looking for one of this and have totally overseen your solution. wink
Pascal

[Mar 2, 2019, 11:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Mike,

Very interesting ! applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 3, 2019, 8:15:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

@ UbuntuBirdy.
How about something like this :-

Link here if it's any good to you, or anyone else, no interior with it, maybe later.
MIke
[Mar 3, 2019, 10:53:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Wow Mike, this kitchen furniture is very cool, maybe for my next kitchen project I will try to use them :).

Adele
[Mar 3, 2019, 11:09:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you AdeleAlli, i look forward to seeing them tried, might be worth waiting in case Emmanuel is able to sort out my mess and convert 1 or 2 to "opening"

In the mean time this is what i tried to explain about the pull out larder, easier to view an image.

Sliding plastic drawers and lowerable, removable baskets.
Mike
[Mar 3, 2019, 12:36:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@ UbuntuBirdy.
How about something like this :-

Link here if it's any good to you, or anyone else, no interior with it, maybe later.
MIke

Man, they are absolutely fabulous! Your kitchen will definitely be used in one of my next projects (perhaps even in my current one).
Thanks for your genius work!
Pascal

[Mar 3, 2019, 5:04:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved