Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4232 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ambient lighting of a room

It is possible to use unviewable light panels to have the ambient lighting of a room.

The trick is to place them at the level of the ceiling, on all its surface, making sure that their edges enter the walls in order to avoid the effect of shading.
The first panel facing downwards (X axis rotation: 270°) and the second one facing upward (X axis rotation: 90°).

Illustration with the SweetHome3DExample14-HaussmannStyleApartment project of the gallery.

Bathroom without lighting

Bathroom with ambient lighting

Bedroom #1 without lighting

Bedroom #1 with ambient lighting 1 (face-down panel)

Bedroom #1 with ambient lighting 2 (face-up panel)

Bedroom #1 with ambient lighting 1 & 2

Depending on the shape of the room, you can use several panels to cover it.

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Mar 7, 2019, 8:33:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Ambient lighting of a room

Hi Enko
"Bedroom #1 with ambient lighting 1 & 2" does look like it is a room with no artificial lighting, but, surely all you have done is replace the ceiling with a light source rather them illuminate it.
In a room with lighting this would look unnatural as a central source's light would decrease further from the source, would a circular (disc) shape light source be feasible. Just a thought.

Mike
[Mar 10, 2019, 2:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi again, only me.
Hope you don't mind me posting an image to illustrate what i was trying to explain, i apologise if you do.

I achieved this

with this.
But 64 sources seems overkill if a single source could be used, resized and elevated similar to my light wheel, i know, great name, took me hours to think of it. biggrin

Still seems a shame to have too try so hard to illuminate a white ceiling when, as you can see, the grayness does not affect the cornice, but that's another story.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you have time to give.

Mike
[Mar 10, 2019, 6:53:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Mike,

I did a recent test with your file (the standard ceiling has been replaced by a white textured box) => same result ! sad
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 11, 2019, 6:05:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi Mike,

According to the Sunflow documentation, only the PointLight and TriangleMeshLight types are attenuated light sources.

By ambient lighting, it is necessary to understand the minimum lighting so that a room is visible without artificial lights.

Take the example of your closed room with a rendering in quality 4 (default values).

I add 2 light panels of the same thickness as the cornices and the dimensions of these grouped.

Panels halfway up the ceiling (example 1)

Panels up to cornices (example 2)

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Mar 12, 2019, 2:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Example with automatic ambient lighting panels.

EnkoNyito
[Apr 26, 2019, 12:13:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved