Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4880 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
kiwi2019

New Zealand, Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool Making 2D Symbols!

HI TEAM,

I made a symbol for a window, which I only need IN 2D.
How do I add it from a PNG to being a usable model in SH3D.
Would you be able explain this process to me? Then I believe I can contribute to the International community, in particular the German community. Thanks TEAM!
[Mar 20, 2019, 5:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
costello

Re: Making 2D Symbols!

Hi, I registered to ask the same question, and just noticed this existing thread.

And to extend the question a bit, is it possible to create a 3d furniture, but add a separate PNG-image as the symbol that is visible in the 2D plan (instead of the 3D top projection)?
[Mar 20, 2019, 11:48:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

dorin has made 2D symbols and has explained how he did it
read his topic and scroll down ,maybe it can help you

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,5531
----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Mar 20, 2019, 4:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. If You post hire the png, we will see what You want to say.
2. If I understood correctly You want to change the representation in plan of doors or windows which is other thing then a 2D Symbols library.
3. Almost everything is possible; You must know what is the final.
4. For what I suppose You want You must learn and try to modify the property of door or window in PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file on doorOrWindowSashxxxx options.
5. Show us what You want and somebody in this world will try to help You.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 20, 2019, 8:29:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kiwi2019

New Zealand, Germany

Hi Dorin,

I uploaded the image. Its really just a window, but with the
glass pane showing.

I dont know how to modify PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties
or get to doorOrWindowSashxxxx. I'm not really sure where to find those files. Help would be appreciated. I only need it to be 2d. I downloaded your 2d symbols you made, and make good use of them by the way thanks man.
[Mar 22, 2019, 1:15:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. Try to learn howto share image to us. Follow this instructions.
2. The doors and windows furniture are not represented as png in 2D plan but are computed by sweethome3d to make holes in walls.
3. The PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file are part of a Furniture library (.sh3f which is a .zip file). It store the characteristics for every piece of furniture.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 23, 2019, 11:21:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved