Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1921 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
costello

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Custom image in 2D plan

Hi, I am new to SH3D

If I create a custom furniture (as OBJ), can I somehow use a image file (PNG) that is shown in the 2D plan instead of the top projection of the object.
[Mar 20, 2019, 12:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Custom image in 2D plan

Yes, you can. In addition to changing the look in Preferences-Furniture Icon in plan, you can also use your own. However, it involves using the Furniture library editor and editing the library manually to insert a planIcon reference. You need, of course a .png file and a reference in the file PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties. Have a look at thread 7832: Improve quality of top view image in 2D plan and thread 2582 Add picture on 2D panel only. I am sure there are better and more instructive threads, but cannot find them right now.

I find custom planIcons very useful, especially for staircases (showing direction) and using semi-transparent icons for furniture like awnings where you also want to be able to see through the icon.

[Mar 22, 2019, 8:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Custom image in 2D plan

Object transparency in 2D would be a great feature for a future version of SH3D.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 22, 2019, 10:38:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved