Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6799 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
techdoctor

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Texture Library Editor

Several problems.
Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Updated to latest version as of 25/03/2019
I can't run the editor just by double clicking it.
I have to use the command line, and it runs fine.
Re-installed java and still have the same problem. I have checked the java config file and Java is enabled. associated .jar files to run with the java.exe .

Second problem
Where are the textures located. It seems windows has a messy way of storing files, found some textures here AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\textures but these are zip files. Also I was unable to locate this directory path using the editor first try. Opened file explorer and navigated to the textures path , then tried again in the editor and it worked.

Third problem
I have accidentally imported the same texture twice and want to delete one of them.

Program idea.
It would be nice to be able to display all available textures in a way similar to the objects in Sweethome 3d and be able to modify them within the program

Many thanks and look forward to your replies.
[Mar 26, 2019, 4:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
techdoctor

Spain
Re: Texture Library Editor

So no takers on helping me with the problems then.
[Mar 29, 2019, 10:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

On your 3rd issue.. if you select an item, any will do, >modify>texture, all imported textured names are in italics, when you select them the delete option becomes active, this is not the case for stored textures.
Never used the editor so i cannot help with other issues.
Mike
[Mar 29, 2019, 12:28:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
techdoctor

Spain

Thanks Mike, can't believe I missed that.
I can't be the only one who can't get .jar files working by double clicking them.
I did a google and followed the advice there but still no joy.
[Apr 2, 2019, 2:37:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I never could get it to open with double click rither, windows 7,it may have an association issue, java i believe, but not sure on that, then when i did open it i had no idea what to do with it biggrin as usual, so i got rid.
Mike
[Apr 2, 2019, 3:07:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
techdoctor

Spain

Just created a bat file using note pad. in notepad write this
java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.24.jar
Now save it as a .bat file. Furniture editor and texture editor now work.
How I hate Windows
[Apr 2, 2019, 4:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I am sure people, not me personally, will find this helpful, 2 questions though, what would the string for the texture editor be and i assume you created the .bat file while it was on your desktop, is it still there or did you have to place it elsewhere?
[Apr 3, 2019, 11:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
techdoctor

Spain

The Bat file is in the same folder as the Texture Library Editor.
Open notepad and write this
java -jar TextureLibraryEditor-1.6.jar

and save it as a .bat file
[Apr 15, 2019, 5:00:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved