Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4022 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Jonnie63

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems when using TV as second monitor

I wanted to share some useful info.

I am using my Phillips 43" TV with HDMI as a second monitor, I work with the 3D view on the large screen and the rest of SweetHome 3D on my laptop monitor - laptop has HDMI out.

Two problems encountered both of which had practical solutions which took time to figure out.

1. When I imported new furniture SweetHome issued a graphics driver error warning and shut down.

The practical workaround turned out to be simple, do not try and import new furniture when 3D view is active on the second monitor. Simply move the 3D view window back onto the laptop monitor before importing.

2. Problems encountered when defining whether TV monitor should be to the left or right of the laptop window. I cannot remember whether the problem was a crash or not.

But one option worked and one caused a problem. I simply went with the one that worked.

I just wanted to save others the time I spent messing around with this to get a practical solution. I could spend ages checking my drivers and so on or simply alter my working practices and its been simple and no real hassle to do the latter.

I find the whole experience so much better with the 3D virtual visit on the 43" screen - not just cosmetic, I think the design process is better as well.

SetUp

Inspiron laptop / 8 core running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Phillips 43" TV with HDMI connect to laptop.
[Mar 31, 2019, 1:47:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coleman

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Problems when using TV as second monitor

thanks for your useful information
[Apr 17, 2019, 9:30:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved