Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3939 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Johnlylejr

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can I edit pre installed furniture libraries

Love the program. so I bought it. didn't know it would come with so much furniture, most of witch i can't or will never use. downloaded the furniture library editor and cant fined the files? Would love to know where or how I can edit them. Thanks

I'm on windows 10
[Apr 4, 2019, 5:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland
Re: How can I edit pre installed furniture libraries

As far as I know, preinstalled furnitures cannot be edited (or even found..).
Instead, furniture libraries can be downloaded from SH3D-site http://www.sweethome3d.com/importModels.jsp.
If you download for example 3DModels-Contributions-1.6.4.zip and open it with furniture library editor, you at least get an idea what can be done with editor.
Do your modifications, save edited file (filetype is .sh3f), double-click it and follow instructions to install modified library.

This is not exactly what you wanted but maybe it can help somehow.
Seppo
[Apr 6, 2019, 7:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

You can delete whole libraries by by going to Help/About/Libraries and clicking on any of the listed Furniture libraries, this will open the the folder where all of them are stored. This is probably the easiest way to find that folder as it is stored beyond "app data" which is a hidden folder, so to scroll to it you you have to make "hidden folders" visible.
Hope this helps.
Mike
[Apr 6, 2019, 11:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland

Johlylejr: if you want to move single preinstalled furniture at a time to furniture library editor, that is possible.
For that you need to install CopyAsNewFurniturePlugin-1.2.sh3p found in Plug-ins and tools. After that:
- put wanted furniture into SH3D workspace
- with that tool copy furniture and paste it to SH3D-workspace
- then select pasted furniture and use 'Export to OBJ-format' found in 3D view -menu and save furniture
- then you can get it to furniture library editor

Mike: thanks, now I can find libraries.. wink

Seppo
[Apr 6, 2019, 11:44:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved