Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11019 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sash openings

Hi
Help needed to figure out how to show window openings on the 2d window, something like this :-

After reading OKH's very thorough explanation i am none the wiser, does anyone know of an idiots guide or video.
I have created a range of 5 double glazed windows and 10 doors, interior, exterior and patio which i would like to share but would prefer to do so with the sash openings showing.

Hopefully
Mike
[Apr 4, 2019, 7:06:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Sash openings

As you can see i am not great with numbers laughing
[Apr 5, 2019, 12:28:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Think i found what i was after HERE.
Thank you OKH and Hafsteinn.
Now to try it.
[Apr 5, 2019, 12:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good luck. Sash windows would be a welcome addition and useful in many regions where they are common. Looking forward to seeing the result.

ok

PS: When I get the time, I really want to update a guide with separate sections on SVG cutouts, light-sources, hinges, softening/shrinking models, planIcons glass properties, and so on. But as SH3D has evolved with lots of extra possibilities, there are quite a few features worthy of attention. ok
[Apr 5, 2019, 8:51:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

HI ok good to see you back, hope all is well.
So far....
managed to create a library file and set it so sh3d can use it, well pleased at accomplishing that alone, but when trying to figure out sash x and y i realised that all my windows and doors swing to the left not the right, if you'll pardon the pun.
I went to my library entries to mirror them and found that they are no longer modifiable, not italics either, do i need to re-import them mirrored, or create another sh3f, also, double openings, left and right....jeez.
As for actual sash windows mate, i have not made one but as you mention it i will.
The windows and doors are probably too complicated to be modified to "open", too many parts, especially the double glazed units.

Mike
[Apr 5, 2019, 12:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Any chance someone could post examples (extracts) of the properties for a double opening window.
thx
Mike
[Apr 5, 2019, 1:10:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Right, forget all that, i give up, 8 hrs of my life wasted and i will have to recreate the sh3d file yet again as it has disappeared yet again, with no exaggeration this is about the millionth time. sad .
As for creating a Sash window.....

It is double glazed and no light weight at 1152

Mike
[Apr 6, 2019, 11:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry Mike for not answering earlier.
If you have two sashes, you have to cite a pair of values in doorOrWindowSash... properties like in this example posted by okh or some double windows available in the default library.

doorOrWindowSashXAxis#15=2 130
doorOrWindowSashYAxis#15=25 25
doorOrWindowSashWidth#15=63.5 63.5
doorOrWindowSashStartAngle#15=0 180
doorOrWindowSashEndAngle#15=-90 270

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 6, 2019, 11:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

No worries mate, i had a feeling this would be beyond my pea brain.
sh3f is again sorted, if i send it to you could you please put the license details in or is that not where it goes
[Apr 6, 2019, 12:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

First - windows look great!

As for "..8 hrs of my life wasted..." I am no so sure. If I were to count that way, I would have given up on SH3D long ago. Sometimes, you can spend hours trying to figure out little details without getting it right. I have countless examples. Not only SH3D by the way, it could be building a bunk / cupboard bed (in real life) as I am doing this week-end, or my own metier for that matter... But trying and failing - even when overwhelmed by the latter - is never a waste of time.

And again - the windows look absolutely perfekt!

ok
[Apr 6, 2019, 9:42:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved